ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 16v seats

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Do these fit in a clio? I know the back wont but what about the fronts? and what colour is the leather? Black or grey?

Ive seen a set for sale fairly cheap and wondered if it would be worth looking into!

Cheers :)

The backseats will go in, my mate has done it in his 16v, I will try and get a digital camera and take some pictures, they sit slightly higher than the originals but they look fine, snap up the seats mate they are bloody hard to find took me a year to find my leather!

i bought a set tonight, mint black ones, as far as i know all 19s are black and clios are grey, i prefere black anyway,

the front are fine

the rears are differnt ball game,

it took me about 45 mins to do the uprights, i did them by whipping the leather seats and cushions off the metals backs and mounting brackets,

the flat ones are proably going to be more difficult, the clios are two piece and the 19s are one piece, so its not as simple as swapping the cushions, im not sure weather to try and modify the 19 seat, or some how swap the leather and cushions on to the two piece clio ones,

as far as price i paid £180 for a mint set, they need to be from a 3 dr or they done flip up obviously,

i always see loads for sale in my local free ads paper (trade-it like loot) but alot are worn, and dont buy a set with a worn drivers front as you will never get one on its own and a re-trim would be £200 and wouldn;t match the rest,

i will keep you posted on how i get on

16v clio, would you mind asking how he did the horizontal bit of the rears, (the bit you sit on) as im not sure how to do it and dont want to rip them to bits!

the only other thing im going to do after is trim the little fabric trim in the door card with leather, maybe rippled, sould be able to do it my self no problem,

welding!!

i went out and had a look in thre dark, i reckon if i cut a little bit out of the frames each side, no more than 10mm each side they will slid in, and if i want to keep thelittle hinge thing in place to have them easily folding i will drill the pop rivits and move the hinge bits very slightly to line up,

and bang they are in, piece of pi55

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah all 19s have black leather. Looks identicle for the fronts apart from the colour but i think the backs would be a pain.

Theres leather on the door trip and on the side panels in the back. Its kinda rippled like you say. Dunno if you can get some leather and cover the original fabric ones up or not.

If you wanna have a closer look at mine mate just let me know. We might be able to work something out if we put our heads together.

i was talking rubish, the lower rear part is a pin in the arse, i have tried everything and they arent not playing,

i had to use the R19 metak back but then cut the side down and they stick out a bit at the front i havnt finished,

as for the door card trims, will be dead easy, just pop them out and take them to a auto upholsterer for them to do, shouldnt be stupid money,if noit ill do it my self

honda accord 2.4 type s

Gentlemen please, take your time!!! It took me and my dad three saturdays to get the backs in on mine!! Lofty, im sure the cushions from the 19 will fit over the old clio frame, its just a question off "tinkering" around, but there shouldnt be any need for welding

clios are split, the R19s are 1 piece, i used the uprights no problem,

no welding for me! cant see what i would meed to weld!?

I am still trying to get in touch with my mate that has done it, he definetely said something about welding though!!! I have not really looked at his in detail but if I can get some useful info I will post it on here.

the backs went in OK, went to bolt the fronts in expecting them to be easy and the holes dont line up which means driling holes in awkward places on odd shaped metal,

thye should be in by tomorrow, mailto:b@starding">b@starding things!!