ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 & 20 year olds insured on a 182 click

I wanna get a renault sport clio, im 19. My old mans an insurance broker, dont help at all tho.

where did you get insured, what did u tell them and how much was your premium?

HELP, Cheers lads

German Barge

@ 19 mate i would look at a 16V if anything, thats when i got mine... insurance i think was about £1000.... its not £670 @ 20 :) ...

i would avoid the sport models, as they seem to be higher due to their value - your probably looking near to £2000 insurance.

182 and 5 GTT

Two of my mates have got 172s. There paying £2300 and £2700. Both 19 and 1 is on his mums insurance.

i think im being ripped off, im 19, have no NCB and had a renewal quote for my 1.6 at £2100 with tescos, im thinking about getting a 172 but i dont want to pay any more for insurance. what companies do u recommend?

bell direct, 1745.10 fully comp on a 182 at 20 years of age with 2 years no claims and 3 points for speeding.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 03 July 2005

im 22 no points 3 yrs ncb my new quote of tesco is £1000

clarkie who are you insured with?
cia mate 08704442666 no one can qoute within £500 of them for me!

Mk2 Golf GTI

Becasue most of us dont have a choice.

Im paying £1200 on a f**king 1.2 and thats the cheapest quote available at 19 with 2NCB.

21, 3 years NCD, All mods declared, Fully comp

£980 with Greenlight Insurance.

"what did u tell them?" - I told them the truth... wouldnt want it any other way.

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 04 July 2005
More money than sense comes to mind...

just no sense comes to mine

307 hdi (powered by derv)

my friend has just brought a 172 for £9000 and it is costing £2000 full comp. He has got two years ncb(i think).

My insurance is due this week on my Mk1 172 :(

I am 23 with 3 years no claims and Bell Direct seem to be the cheapest at £783.

Last year I was with Elephant and paying £1600!

My insurance has halfed in a year! :confused: but Big - :D

(Sorry to hijack thread)

MGP W02

am 22, 2yrs NCB, 7 points, and a claim....

£895 fully comp on my 182 :devilish: thats was with Elephant.co.uk
Adding my Mum on saved me £300!!! But i dont live in a high risk area, so i think that helped.

don't

WTF why are ppl buying 172s 182s or any newer car if the insurance is over £1500, are you all mad, or have you not bothered to check before buying the cars

jesus whats wrong with ppl these days

if u want cheap insurance and speed buy an older car thats still fast like the 1.8 16v

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

agreed...Ive payed some high insurance in the past but over 2k takes the piss and I would have to think very hard about paying more than 1k...

Octavia VRS

I got a quote for £750 fully comp on a 182, Im 24 - this is good considering Ive only ever been a named driver.

Admiral and Elephant are the same company.

I could never justify paying 1k insurance (never mind over 2k) for a 172 no matter how bad I wanted it!!