ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

190,000 miles...?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Seen a pretty damn cheap 172 Exclusive with 186,000 on the clock and 'part service history'.

Having not really kept in the loop with 1*2's in recent months, is this something I should even consider parting with money for!?!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
How cheap is pretty damn cheap? It'd be a good shell for a trackday car, the part history would worry me though if it hasn't had regular oil changes.

Around a grand, then mebbe.

I don't like the Exclusives anyway tbh. You'll get a lot lower Ph1 for under £2k.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Hey well it can't be that crap a car if its made it to 186'000!
I'd take it as a good thing if they can still be round. Saying that though without this history you have no idea what needs doing so it has to be reflected in the price..

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Tbh if its been maintained and not abused then why would it?

Take Russ's Phase 1 as an example, still on original clutch and gearbox at 120k+

Fair enough I guess, but if driven at least half hard it will go pop sooner rather than later, mine was replaced on 55k by the previous owner :/

Last edited:
it's hard work looking after a car, taking it to that kind of mileage (or it should be, if it's done properly). you can't compare circa 200k to circa 100k!

is it that one in the link?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Exclusives are awesome. Fact.

186,000 miles tbh the cars worth no more than £800. I'd want to be paying closer to 5!

J

jonnytheboy

milage shouldnt be an issue these days, i bought a E34 M5 once with 312k on the clock.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Had my eye on that, was waiting for Russ to reply. If someone is in touch with him tell him to get his ass in gear! :)

Phase 1 Clio 172
Seen a pretty damn cheap 172 Exclusive with 186,000 on the clock and 'part service history'.

Having not really kept in the loop with 1*2's in recent months, is this something I should even consider parting with money for!?!

this one in colne i went to see it today when woman told me millage i walked away with the price she was asking

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
My ph1 has 130,000, still on original clutch and gearbox. Used on airfield events and driven hard. Only thing wrong is the slightly creaky suspension. I wouldn't be put off by high milage more interested in how it's been maintained.

Phase 1 Clio 172
^^^^what price was she asking for it?
£1600 quid but my mate knew why the women and why it was getting sold so we were gonna be checky and get it for less

but still it would have to be ubder 1k to buy it as it would need a new engine at somepoiint im guessing with that millage

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
£1600 quid but my mate knew why the women and why it was getting sold so we were gonna be checky and get it for less

but still it would have to be ubder 1k to buy it as it would need a new engine at somepoiint im guessing with that millage

Not cheap then.

If it's had a full service history, then it should make 200k + without any probs.