ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195/50/15

I need two new ones and my spare is dead, so going to buy a full set.

Tweeks quote £161 for a set of T1R's. Should get a bit of CS discount off that.

I don't mind paying that but I've seen a few threads where people say they're only getting 6k from them. Don't really like the idea of that.

I don't do mega miles but I want them to last, I also want decent tyres. Something that I can actually have some grip with.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Less than £50 a corner. Ta.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
I'm having a set of Hankook V12's fitted tomorrow, £226 fitted from BlackCircles. Searched a lot and they seem to have great reviews, maybe not in the wet but i'll keep you posted...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Vredestein Sportrac 3s are £47 on Camskill just now. I really liked them when I had them. I'm assuming you want a fitted price though so not much use...Unless you know a fitter who will fit them cheap.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i used to really rate t1-rs on my dci 100 and use them on my mrs 1.6 16v however they wear far far too fast my derv was going thru them in 8k and that was a LOT of motorway miles, i funny enough rated them in the wet unlike most.

camskill are doing PE2's for £60 a corner at the moment ive just ordered 4 for my ph1 as you get about 20k from them lol

Ph 1 172
I got a set of Yokohama prada spec 2's off eBay brand new for £162, I like them not great in the wet but if your driving on the limit in the wet on public roads you deserve to crash

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Verdestein Sportracs are really good imo.

I had a set on my 172 and really liked them.

T1rs sidewalls are too soft and they wear far too fast for road use.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
When i was looking to get tyres it was a toss up between v12's or rainsport 2's. Im as anal as they come when buying stuff, reading reviews and generally boring people lol. Went for the v12's in the end and have been very impressed with them Good on track too. Oh and Camskill i found to be the cheapest.

Dan

You read one thread on here, someone says a tyre is good, lasts long and is good in the wet, then in another thread someone killed a set in 24miles and died at 17MPH in the wet.

Oh I don't know. Lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol. I would go with either the v12's or rainsport tbh. Both have great reviews.

Dan.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Tbh youll be fine with any tyre Dan you're not going to a rally. Cheap and a decent brand and you're sorted.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Im surprised at the lifespan of your paradas every yoko ive had has been soft as s**t. You must drive like a girl:rasp: