ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1954 VW Splitty

I know there are a few lovers of old school VW's on here. Apparently this one is rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
  White clique
that looks amazing! I'd love one but dont have the balls to buy one (or have the storage space). If there is a place to hire these that would be excellent.

wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I don't get them - piles of rusty crap with 3.2bhp engines and vertical radios if you're lucky.

2 of my mates are well into them - I just don't see the point.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
love it, just the character of them, cant bet the roof line windows and double doors.

shame about the price tags

Renault Traffic
class mate my dad runs a vintage wedding car company in scotland and we have quite a few of the splitscreen campervans :) there really popular

SG9 Forester STi
Love that!

My dad's got a 1971 bay campervan as a project which is pretty cool. Splitty's own those though.

itb'd RB 182 cup
that looks amazing! I'd love one but dont have the balls to buy one (or have the storage space). If there is a place to hire these that would be excellent.
there's a company in hertfordshire called snail trail that hires them out bit expensive iirc but still looks like it could be a good laugh for a week or two.
www.snailtrail.co.uk

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Hand on heart I'd rather own that than any new VW on the market right now. And that's not saying new VW's are crap at all, that van is just purrrrrfect <3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get them - piles of rusty crap with 3.2bhp engines and vertical radios if you're lucky.

2 of my mates are well into them - I just don't see the point.

Paul's comments below sum it up well. They are so full of character. Imagine a long weekend coming up in the middle of summer in a Splitty with a few mates - complete with BBQ and bevvies onboard? Just brilliant. It's all about the chill-out for me with one of these. No rush - no hassle. Just coast up to the coast....:cool:

love it, just the character of them, cant bet the roof line windows and double doors.

shame about the price tags

Last edited:
I loved Neils bus, was great.

We went to the Stamford Hall show 2 years ago, I actually remember meeting Rikki, he goes round in the morning waking everyone up with a megaphone, then groups the convoy together and hundreds of splitties, bays, beetles all head over to Stamford Hall from the campsite. Fantastic experience tbh!

van012-1.jpg

van032.jpg

van017.jpg

The whole thing was built by him, he bought it as a complete shell. Won a good number of awards and was entered into the superconcours at Stamford Hall where it came 8th. It was the little things that made it so special too, original gas cooker on the door, and original bud vase.. the devil is in the detail I guess!