ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 engine on clio 182

Clio sport 182
Hey guys! I´ve own a Clio 182 since last year and what a machine! the fact is that it goes great... when everything works. I´ve to change the clutch and the aux belt, and I´ll have to change the timing belt sooner of later.
The fact is that the Clio is just my hobby, and as I don´t need it for everyday use, it´ll going to stay some time on the garaje.
So, as the facts are as follows, I think it doesn´t make any sense to keep spending money on a leaky engine and gearbox. That´s why I´m thinking on a clio 197/203 engine swap.
It does have a stronger 6 speed gearbox, and enginewhise it´ll be a little bit powerful (200/210hp I think is enough), keepeng an NA configuration.
So, what do you guys think? I know there´s enough space on the top and at the bottom, the gearbox might be a little bit bigger but no problem as people use to adapt the megane´s box. Sparkplugs are placed differently but thats all.
What about driveshafts? custom ones? alternator and waterpump may fit (they are placed on different side).

Please tell me about de viability of the project and if someone has done it before! I haven´t found any info/project like this.
Thank you all mates!

Clio sport 182
40653c9d76f02cccfb07d64b2c59a051.jpg
927acb369c7d80c96b27e17f6fabf112.jpg
IMG_1973.JPG
92f2e4560e68494bd798a0acb241c334.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Gus
  330i. E30 Touring.
Firstly, the 197/200 gearbox is NOT stronger.

Long story short, there's not much benefit in swapping to a 197 engine from a 182. Cost and effort vs HP upgrade doesn't work. You'd be much better placed to turbo your current engine, or F4RT from a Megane is the more sensible swap because you'll get noticable bang for buck.

Clio sport 182
The point was to have a new engine, no to spend money on a 13 year old one... what about pluging the megane box?

Clio sport 182
What the mileage on yours?

145.000 km
The other fact si that I’ve to pass the MOT exam each year as I live at Spain. The technicians shouldnt realise the change between the f4r engines, but a turbo conversion might be a much bigger problem indeed.

PH2 172
145.000 km

Just run in then?
Cat cams & a remap should see usefull power gains & cure any oil leaks.
Fit an 089 box converted to bolt up diff if you want a higher final drive ratio.