ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 / 200 Track Only Car Advice

Clio Cup Racer
Hi All,

I was wondering if I can get advice on buying a 197 / 200 car for track days only.

The car will be totally stripped inside and suspension changed for coilovers.

Therefore what is best out of 197/200? 197 cars seem to be a lot cheaper and if I'm ripping the car to bits would this be the best option or would a 200 be worth going for? I prefer the 200 front end and bumper but is it worth paying the extra money for this? Is there any changes in the chassis or suspension - arms or joints for example not the shocks and springs as they will be replaced.

Thanks,

David.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you really want a 197/200 then both are fairly even.

For me personally though, as a track car only I'd get a 172/182 (most likely 172 Cup).

More money to spend on track trinkets.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As Advikaz said, if it is to be a track only car, you want the lightest / cheapest which would be a 172 cup.

But, if you're attached to the shape of a 197 / 200 then get the 197.

Clio Cup Racer
Ive had a 172/182 before so wanting a 197/200.

Are the changes just cosmetic then between the 197 and 200?

The 200 has a quicker steering rack doesn't it?

Everyone says the 200 is the car the 197 should've been to start with.

Clio Cup Racer
I'd really love a Storm Grey 200. That would be the perfect car but they seem to be about 11k. Thats really my budget so it doesn't leave money to buy any parts for it.

If it happened to have a Megane 225 engine in it too that really would be perfect.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Someone on here was selling a 250 engined one..

Perfect for track work imo..