ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Brembo caliper rebuild

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I just bought a set of 197 brembo calipers that require a full rebuild. They have no pistons, seals, nipples, pins etc.

Just wondering where people have bought their rebuild kits from to ensure I get quality parts. Ideally genuine brembo pistons but unsure on whether you can still get these!

Cheers

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
These are the pistons you need mate.

Same seller also do the seal kit, 4023 are the ones you want for that.

And then HEL stainless M10x1.0 bleed nipples.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
These are the pistons you need mate.

Same seller also do the seal kit, 4023 are the ones you want for that.

And then HEL stainless M10x1.0 bleed nipples.
Thanks for the link James.
What's the quality of these like mate? I had seen them advertised but was unsure! Don't want to skimp on anything.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the link James.
What's the quality of these like mate? I had seen them advertised but was unsure! Don't want to skimp on anything.

Fine mate, probably better than standard because the OEM ones are plated metal, these are anodised aluminium.

I've built a set with these and also ones for a mate.

They slightly shorter in height than OEM but it's negligible.

Really easy to rebuild those Brembos.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So I have bought a rebuild kit from Select motorsport, comes with new seals, pistons, bleed nipples etc.

Looking now at places for powdercoating, had 2 quotes so far. One at 20/caliper, the other at 10/caliper. The 10/caliper place said that they would chemically dip the calipers then a final sandblasting before powdercoating. I think the only thing that concerns me here is damage to the piston pots from the acid, is this likely?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
So I have bought a rebuild kit from Select motorsport, comes with new seals, pistons, bleed nipples etc.

Looking now at places for powdercoating, had 2 quotes so far. One at 20/caliper, the other at 10/caliper. The 10/caliper place said that they would chemically dip the calipers then a final sandblasting before powdercoating. I think the only thing that concerns me here is damage to the piston pots from the acid, is this likely?

Tell them they're aluminium calipers and see what they say.

I'd be wary of acid dipping.