ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 brembo pads?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Anyone know if the pads that fit 197 calipers are the same fitment as Meg 275?
I know the calipers are different but hoping pad fitment is the same….

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Scrap that, turns out the calipers are actually from a mk4 Meg 280..

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I believe the 250/280 meg calipers are the same.

Ferodo ds1.11 or pagid rs-29 will do the job for track use. Prices seem to be similar everywhere.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I believe the 250/280 meg calipers are the same.

Ferodo ds1.11 or pagid rs-29 will do the job for track use. Prices seem to be similar everywhere.

Cheers…those pagids are bloody pricey!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cheers…those pagids are bloody pricey!

Every good pad is really expensive for mk3/mk4 rs, its mad.

Are you after ultimate track performance or just upgrade over stock? The stock brembo pads are terrible on our 250, ive been considering going for mintex m1144 as bit cheaper at £200ish.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Every good pad is really expensive for mk3/mk4 rs, its mad.

Are you after ultimate track performance or just upgrade over stock? The stock brembo pads are terrible on our 250, ive been considering going for mintex m1144 as bit cheaper at £200ish.

I’ve just fitted the calipers to my E90 M3, just got the stock brembo pads in for road use which will be fine as I don’t drive fast on the road. But want a good upgrade as I’m at the Ring end of the month so standards won’t cut it.
It’s a heavy thing but I think I’m reasonably light on brakes and don’t get too carried away. Plus in fairness a BTG lap isn’t the same as typical track session at Donington.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
My mate uses PBS prorace on his 197 and they seem incredible from the passenger seat?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Wouldnt touch pbs or ebc personally, cheap for a reason.

If you want unreal power stick to the ferodo or pagid. The ds1.11 bite from cold is awesome but wear the discs fast. The pagids have less bite from cold but mega when on it. Ive just fitted a set of brembo 250 calipers to an astra vxr with the pagids, pedal feel felt awesome.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
My mate uses PBS prorace on his 197 and they seem incredible from the passenger seat?

I've got PBS Prorace on my Clio and can't wait to get rid. Quite wooden on the road and on track they're good for about three laps and then just seem to go off, really weird feeling where the Ds1.11 just kept going.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I've got PBS Prorace on my Clio and can't wait to get rid. Quite wooden on the road and on track they're good for about three laps and then just seem to go off, really weird feeling where the Ds1.11 just kept going.
Ds1.11 are mega. I had hardly no airflow to my brakes on the extra van at Anglesey, the brakes were so hot that the lacquer melted on the wheels, no fade at all consistent pedal feel and bite throughout.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

It’s mad how views differ on brakes! My mate is very quick in his fully prepped 197 and was doing 25 min flat out sessions at Donington and they were very consistent with zero issues all day.

plenty

ClioSport Club Member
Same pads on mk3 and mk4 Megs.

Pads are a personal preference. I like Performance Friction 11, Ferodo DS1.11 and Carbotech XP10.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If it's for road and occasional track, try Performance Friction Z Rated pads.

They last ages, no noise, low dust and ideal for the ring.

I had them on my last M3 on standard calipers and they didn’t seem any better than OEM to me…dont think they can handle the weight

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldnt touch pbs or ebc personally, cheap for a reason.

If you want unreal power stick to the ferodo or pagid. The ds1.11 bite from cold is awesome but wear the discs fast. The pagids have less bite from cold but mega when on it. Ive just fitted a set of brembo 250 calipers to an astra vxr with the pagids, pedal feel felt awesome.
The RP range is decent mate as are the range above that (SS I think). The green/blue/orange whatever colours yes I agree ... although the blues I ran were ok on track but nothing special and poor compared to the RP1's I had in for Anglesey.

Hero!

Im going to sound a mong here but qty1 for £159, is that going to be 2 pad sets for the front axle, or do I need qty2 for £318?!
I bought direct from them and the price was for an axle set. (y)

Loads of good reviews:

They bedded in dead easy, while yellows/blues have some weird bedding in procedure. Good bite from cold too, I'll be buying them again. But like you say everything is very subjective, some people swear by DS2500's but others say they are awful. I personally didn't get on with M1155 which I had on the Clio after fading them a few times I also found they went very non linear so I was never 100% sure it was going to stop.

What did you run on your last track day?

Reactions: Pep