ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Carbon bonnet...

Evo
After a few months of debating i finally decided to buy a carbon bonnet for the car.

Alot of people said it wouldnt look right on a 197 but after seeing an R26.R in the flesh at FCS i couldnt see how it wouldnt look good.

Overall im happy with the bonnet, excellent quality and great fit. Slightly lighter than standard item too :approve:

Opinions welcome, will get better shots from a distance tomorrow with the Clios in Convoy meet. Thanks for looking.

( A few cheeky pics of the CF Diffuser too, seeing as i havent had a chance to show it off on the forum yet. )

DSC00930.gif

DSC00933.gif

DSC00931.gif

DSC00935.gif

DSC00849.gif

DSC00845.gif

Nimbus 197
looks awesome imo. Loving the carbon diffuser and bonnet combo, must have cost you a bit! KTEC bonnet is it?

Nimbus 197
What's the finish on the bonnet like compared to the diffuser? (Streamline I'm assuming..) All you need now is a carbon splitter to finish it off nicely :)

Evo
What's the finish on the bonnet like compared to the diffuser? (Streamline I'm assuming..) All you need now is a carbon splitter to finish it off nicely :)

Im no carbon fibre expert but from i can tell its exactly the same lol.

I'm gettin some good shots of the car tomorrow, will post up then :)

Evo
Very nice.

What happens to your windscreen wash jets lol??

You get washer jets supplied but i couldnt bring myself to drilling into the carbon fibre :dead:

So now i keep some fast glass spray handy and just stick my hand out the window and spray it on to the windscreen, whack the wipers on and job done :rasp:

BMW 320d M-Sport
Looks great that! I look forward to giving it the once over if I make it down tomorrow in the right place at the right time (and on the right day!)

Rb 182
You get washer jets supplied but i couldnt bring myself to drilling into the carbon fibre :dead:

So now i keep some fast glass spray handy and just stick my hand out the window and spray it on to the windscreen, whack the wipers on and job done :rasp:

:lolup:

I want to see that!

Looks stunning though!

Evo
Well thats what the cups all about lol, hardcore no comprimise.

Why add weight and drag to the car with washer jets when you can just use my technique :p

Renaultsport Clio 197
looks great..but it would be perfect if you had those black headlight insterts (xenons)

Nimbus 197
the more I look at the pics the more I like it, at first the bumper/bonnet line put me off, but that bonnet on my nimbus.............. :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

They'll love you come mot time :)