ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 - Changed car battery, buttons on key wont work

Hi guys, cant find anything on here with this specific issue.

My 197 has been playing up and ended up being the battery, tonight i swapped the battery for a new one, re-calibrated the windows, starts fine now and can lock the doors with the button on the handle (keyless entry) and everything is fine except the fact that the buttons on my key wont work.

Is this going to be an expensive reprogramming jobby?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, cant find anything on here with this specific issue.

My 197 has been playing up and ended up being the battery, tonight i swapped the battery for a new one, re-calibrated the windows, starts fine now and can lock the doors with the button on the handle (keyless entry) and everything is fine except the fact that the buttons on my key wont work.

Is this going to be an expensive reprogramming jobby?
changed the battery in the key?

Crisis averted, when i went out in it last night i didnt put the key in the slot, just been out put the key in the slot turned it on and off and the key buttons work again, must just need that initial key in slot