ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 code reader help- push start button question

Cro

Meg'd r27
Trying to get a 197 to connect to the code reader, and I know I need to get the car into acc (where all the dash lights appear and stay lit)

I'm putting the key car in the slot and holding the start button for about 8 seconds and the lights appear but then disappear again and still the code reader won't connect.

Any ideas?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Thats what I was trying dude, if i press once the radio and that come on but I need the next step, just before ignition. Like it would be using a normal key, the different positions!

Megane dci 130
to force the ignition, remove card from the reader, press the lock button with the door open, (the locks will lock and unlock) put card in, press and hold start button for 5 seconds.

Failing that, foot on brake press start button to start it and release the foot break so that it does not start.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Yep thats where im getting to mate. At least you have clarified I was doing the right thing to get there. Still won't connect though, I just assumed the same code reader that works mk2s, meganes etc works for mk3s? The u380

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The Clio III uses a multiwire CANBUS network. According to the little info I can find on the u380 it won't work on CANBUS systems... for that you'll need to buy the MS300 setup which apparently is the u380's CAN enabled sucessor.

Obviously, don't expect bells and whistles from it like ABS, SRS, ESP/TCS but it'll do basic the EM fault codes all day long.