ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Gearbox Help

Clio 197 08
I own an 08 197 (revised gearbox i believe) and it has 12000 miles on the clock. I brought the car from new and for the last year the gear changes have been excellant.

However, now when i am changing gear from high up the rev range it is really stiff to get it into gear esp from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd! You really have to pull or push the lever into gear whereas before just went in nicely! And before anyone asks clutch is all the way to the floor and even when i rev it up high and then do the gear change slowly so i know clutch is all the way down and engaged it doesnt go into gear smoothly.

Any ideas? Thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This 'new box' does not make a difference to this fault. Mine an old one and is fine, i've seen posts with new and old being problematic. Luck of the draw it seems !

Clio 197 08
Yer was worried that i would have to take it back to them! Difficult problem to describe! Me mate drove it last night who a mechanic and he said the synchro mesh doesnt seem to be lining up properly. Any other thoughts?