ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 headlight problem

197, mk2 ph1
Help!

My 197s headlights have been playing up for a few days.

First my my passenger side one was switching itself on, long after the car had been locked and all lights switched off and key no where near car.

I looked out out the window at around 3am and the headlight was on, went and checked the stock was off and it was, gave it a wiggle and it went off for a while but came back on.

Now since then then my drivers side headlight wasn't coming on the following day (new bulbs 3 weeks ago) and today when I tried to turn my lights on only my side lights will come on, both headlights have stopped working.

Has anyone else had this problem?

If if so what was the solution? I need my car to get to work so need to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Volvo S60 T5
Fuse board in engine bay , relays melt in them and this is what normally happens. Changed at least 4 for this issue.
Take the fuse board cover off ànd one of the relays will be really hot, if not then it's something else.

Clio 197 RB
Fuse board in engine bay , relays melt in them and this is what normally happens. Changed at least 4 for this issue.
I'm having the same problem, is it the fuse and relay board near the battery, or the one under the air intake valve?
Luke