ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 in car footage.

Autocar-online have their 2006 handling day on streaming video and Chris Harris is driving a 197 with in car footage and commentary. Very succinct, high praise for the chassis but says the engine needs more poke and the steering needs more feel.

Well worth a look.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I've drove a 197 for about 3 hours in total now I guess. I loved it. Sadly it's not economical enough for me to change my car just yet but in nov 2008... whooo lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
So the clio has the best steering feel and the best handling of any hatch,it just lacks a touch of power.During the film he says that he spoke to some engineers at renault and they were so close to producing a low preasure turbo engine for the car.
What a waste.Great handling ,fantastic brakes and they kill it with a crap engine
DOH

ian

ian 182 said:
So the clio has the best steering feel and the best handling of any hatch,it just lacks a touch of power.During the film he says that he spoke to some engineers at renault and they were so close to producing a low preasure turbo engine for the car.
What a waste.Great handling ,fantastic brakes and they kill it with a crap engine
DOH

ian
No, it has poor steering feel, great chassis and a good engine but not enough power from it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
jongsr4 said:
Any way of saving that video? does anyone know?

bump the above^^^

it won't load on my comp, so if anyone can get it and host it on goole or youtube or something i would appreciate it. or better still msn it to me! :)