ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 ITG

Yup, acording to a contact at ITG providing its getting a proper cold feed it will run just as cold as carbon and at £100 cheaper its a no brainer!

definately. What size is that one? Oh and to introduce myself, I was the guy in the glasses at the RenaultSport meet talking to you and Icarus

172 5HED
definately. What size is that one? Oh and to introduce myself, I was the guy in the glasses at the RenaultSport meet talking to you and Icarus

Ahhh, hello mate!!

That is the LRAB65, rated to 300BHP!
Same as the standard kit uses but without the other bits as the stock location isnt the best!

172 5HED
Feed in the arch!!! I know, I know its facing rearwards!!!! BUT.....

The arch is a high pressure zone so plenty of turbulent cold air as confirmed by the box being nice n cold after a good run!!!

feed.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Any reason for no cold air feed behind front grilles?
No space i'm guessing???

172 5HED
Any reason for no cold air feed behind front grilles?
No space i'm guessing???

Got it in one matey!!

Would involve relocating the rad header tank! Or, training it accross the bay to the L/H vent.

This is pretty much the most direct I can get from feed to TB!

Cheers Pigeon and theduck!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I would be seriously worried about that sucking up water!! Moisture etc.

IMO not as wonderful as that of the old 172/182 Maxogens design. Looks pretty cheap in comparison to the carbon unit also!

Just my opinion.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

IMO not as wonderful as that of the old 172/182 Maxogens design. Looks pretty cheap in comparison to the carbon unit also!

Just my opinion.
Good point with wheels throwing some crap up?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Just my opinion.

Function over fashion.....

spray will be going the other way surely? unless he is driving in reverse...

You can get the Carbon box as he said elsewhere, but the ally is as good and costs £100 less.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Function over fashion.....

Is it though...What makes the Maxogen a great design is it's route to cold airspace, granted they've done the best they can with the 197 space and relocated TB....But i can't see it being much more efficient that a stock carbon box filter with a feed...

Ah well...Just my thoughts. I'd be more concerned with the feed tbh!

lol! On a saturated road!?!

Yeah, you're right... that side will be perfectly dry! ;)

I'm still not convinced

Sorry of cause the front bumper would be better, you wont get rain or spray there at all will you? and it wont act like a scoop if you hit a deeper than expected puddle either will it? :rolleyes:

At least as its facing backwards its less likely to 'scoop' water up

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL... not saying that that's any better dude. That's why i've not had one for years.

it'd just concern me, that's all

172 5HED
TBH I couldnt care less what it looks like, they were all out of gucci airboxes last I looked!!

Feed wise, yeah It could be an issue, but the bend in the pipe should stop this!

I think the spray issue would be just as bad as a front bumper (foglamp) mount though surely?

Reference it not being much better than STD, I would hope it is, but I guess we'll see!! It runs cooler and has more capacity and more direct feed, also, the std grilled feed on the 197 is shocking, the the black pipe off and undo the trim clips, the box it draws air from doesnt even feed to the grille???

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ik's don't need a forced supply...just a consistent cold supply so that why i never put mine anywhere near the grill. If you not interested in the gucci factor i'd suggest putting a pair of tights over the CAF.

172 5HED
Ik's don't need a forced supply...just a consistent cold supply so that why i never put mine anywhere near the grill. If you not interested in the gucci factor i'd suggest putting a pair of tights over the CAF.

Could do, dont see the feed anyway!!

Dont get me wrong, I welcome any tips etc... As I said, I need to throw it on the RR and see!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I had one of the first generation Maxogens for the 172. Loved it! great bit of kit, so i'm confident of ITG's build and performance gains. Let us know how you get on.

172 5HED
I had one of the first generation Maxogens for the 172. Loved it! great bit of kit, so i'm confident of ITG's build and performance gains. Let us know how you get on.

I will mate, I have an RR on sat but I want it back on Pauls rollers for an accurate comparison.

I would've had the carbon one but flow wise its rated to pretty much the same and this runs as cold so I pocketed the £100!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I will mate, I have an RR on sat but I want it back on Pauls rollers for an accurate comparison.

I would've had the carbon one but flow wise its rated to pretty much the same and this runs as cold so I pocketed the £100!

Wrap it in carbon film to be a tart! ;)

Agree with keepin the rollers consistent. Although considering Pauls is a Harsh roller his read about 20brake MORE than Falklands on Chic megane the other weekend! Bizarre!

172 5HED
Wrap it in carbon film to be a tart! ;)

Agree with keepin the rollers consistent. Although considering Pauls is a Harsh roller his read about 20brake MORE than Falklands on Chic megane the other weekend! Bizarre!

Really?? WTF is that about then?!

Mine will see 210plus easy on sat, I'll put my money on that!! But... thats just for pub bragging rights!

Lol @ the carbon, Im gonoing to get a gucci sticker made mate :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Really?? WTF is that about then?!

Mine will see 210plus easy on sat, I'll put my money on that!! But... thats just for pub bragging rights!

Lol @ the carbon, Im gonoing to get a gucci sticker made mate :rasp:

You thinking TB's next? Who did the work on the inlets/Cams?

Errr Not sure what happened with the RR...I know the owner was "curious"...

172 5HED
You thinking TB's next? Who did the work on the inlets/Cams?

Errr Not sure what happened with the RR...I know the owner was "curious"...

Inlets was poobah's handywork mate! Cams were fitted by Pauls dad who is a Renault specailist, top bloke. Family business, like they used to be, about customer service was a nice change!! His ma was even showing me the pics of him pissed at new year :eek:

I have other thoughts rather than TB's mate if this one goes bang, but thats a secret!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Inlets was poobah's handywork mate! Cams were fitted by Pauls dad who is a Renault specailist, top bloke. Family business, like they used to be, about customer service was a nice change!! His ma was even showing me the pics of him pissed at new year :eek:

I have other thoughts rather than TB's mate if this one goes bang, but thats a secret!

humm...Sounds interesting. yeh met paul's many moons ago! When they had the old unit in leeds! Racing down the high street to test the 8000rpm limit was an interesting experience...

172 5HED
humm...Sounds interesting. yeh met paul's many moons ago! When they had the old unit in leeds! Racing down the high street to test the 8000rpm limit was an interesting experience...

Fark that mate!! You been to the new unit? That big straight road is perfect for "testing" the cars! :D