ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 misfire HELP

197 cup
Ive posted this issue a few time but i kno how a video for renault uk to try and sort my issues with a certain dealer who are telling me there is nothing wrong with the car and they are refusing to fix it. Have a listen to this and tell me what use think lads i seriously need some advice though as i am at my wits end here. excuse they start of the video my reggie plate is in it so ren uk know its my car

Last edited by a moderator:
  2003 Clio 172
Dont know about the 197 but my ph2 172 does (well did before the remap) it too and i just put it down to a lumpy idle.......it doesnt manifest itself in driving at all.....i assume yours is the same?

It idles quite low for such a lumpy high powered engine and the RSTuner map bumps this to 1000 rpm and its very hard to notice any misses than

Jj

2003 Clio 172
Oh, will thats a different thing altogether.....

You dont have an RSTuner or anything to diagnose it?

Jj

197 cup
nah i dnt think there is any near were i stay ive had it back to renault a couple of time with it but they are claiming that because its not showing a fault then theres nothing wrong with it when u can clearly hear it

2003 Clio 172
Oh you can indeed mate, but i am being hoest when i say that mine was the same......it had no effect on driving though.

Have the usual plugs, coil, leads etc been checked?

j

197 cup
they claimed that it may be the plugs but refused to change them under the warranty. do rstuner have a contact number and maybe i could get one of there guys to look at the video see what then think

2003 Clio 172
Henk on here might take alook, you could post a link to this thread in the Fastchip section.....

There are many many smart people on here who look at these cars daily, Fred, Sideways Danny etc to name a couple....Not all of them get on through the day though so alas, you will probably have to be patient before you get their steer. Its worth it though bud to be honest

J

Cooksport Fleet
Clean the MAP sensor to the left side of the upper inlet mani. Be carefull getting it out as it can snap, use a flat head skrewdriver to leaver it out carefully.

I cleaned mine and it solved the miss fire straight away.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
flol, thats standard you tool!!!

all RS Clios i've had do that, and i've had 5!

197 cup
what that noise is standard its sounds like its choking and its loosing power through the rev range u cant tell me thats standard