ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 MPG. LOL!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Well i did Suffolk to Kent last night and got an average of 19 MPG. LOL what a car :cool:

On a sub note, the traffic on friday was horrendous. I did Ipswich > A12 > M25 > Sevenoaks > M25 > A2 > blackwall tunnel > M11 > A11 > A14 > Suffolk.

The traffic was unbeleivable. On my way back at 1pm the traffic was queued back from the dartford tunnel to the A2 so I jsut went through London instead. Was a lot quicker and no hold ups.

Black 197
19 MPG !!

Im getting 25.6MPG at the mo so nothing to shout about, Definately finding my 197 to be less economical than my 182

Working in Central London FTL

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i was quite impressed by 19mpg. LOL such a bad car for fuel. probably because it was doing 6k revs the whole way.

Black 197
yeah i was quite impressed by 19mpg. LOL such a bad car for fuel. probably because it was doing 6k revs the whole way.

To be fair when im on motorway journeys mines not too bad. I do alot of driving to Wales (Caerphilly) and if i leave Croydon for Wales with a full tank i can do the 170 miles with 3 quaters left.. 170 miles to a quater is pretty good i think

White clique
I only ever really used my 197 for a rush hour town commute to work and used to average 28.1!

I do miss the 197 at times, although I am getting better mpg from a 3.0 auto now!

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Not true
averaging 27.4mpg...driving normally and booting it on country roads where i live. My old 172 avergaed 34.5mpg with the same level of enthusiasm in driving. I am running it exclusively on V power though, that will make a small difference

BG182®
Blackwall tunnel is always a nightmare. Don't get nowhere near 19mpg but it still drops a good few mpg while stting in traffic, but thats a 182.

Tav

Clio 197
No danger I'd be driving any car if I lived in London unless it had a piddly little engine. No need for 200bhp driving round there. Was down last week for Pearl Jam, roads are s**t. Was so lucky traffic was light at 1PM and Midnight otherwise I'd have been crying.

M135i
I average 23 in mine. Prob due to the short journeys I do. Also averaging 29 in the 172 at the monent. My last 172s were better than that.

Black 197
No danger I'd be driving any car if I lived in London unless it had a piddly little engine. No need for 200bhp driving round there. Was down last week for Pearl Jam, roads are s**t. Was so lucky traffic was light at 1PM and Midnight otherwise I'd have been crying.

Real drivers can drive 200bhp cars in Central London ;)

Suzuki Swift Sport
I averaged 12mpg in mine at Cadwell Park :D

Normally driving to work and back and a few journeys it does 26 - 27 mpg, my 182 used to do about 29-30 on the same route so its a bit heavier, still love it though!

RS 197 CUP - Racing Blue
I'm on 29.7 MPG, thats mainly B roads, national speed limit and more.. 40 mile round trips. :cool:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I never really used it on the motorway tbh mate. It was a company car so was used mainly for commuting and that was about 4 miles a day.

Apart from my day off, where it was abused to within an inch of its life up and down the ring roads!!

Black 197
I never really used it on the motorway tbh mate. It was a company car so was used mainly for commuting and that was about 4 miles a day.

Apart from my day off, where it was abused to within an inch of its life up and down the ring roads!!

Knows

My 197 gets abused continuously

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bad given that it's no quicker. Amazing that the heavier golf gti can easily match a 172 on fuel.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What, with your Aircon, Electric windows and traction control???

Real men drive mk1's with no power steering and over 200hp per ton. This is fact. :D

Not forgetting keyless entry. Difficult to use a key when you've got a double shot skinny cap in one hand, and a man bag in the other.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nah, the hardcore who think it is cool to drive without any luxuries have the mk1, and all credit to them, the chavs drive the mk2, the men of the forum drive mk3.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
nah, the hardcore who think it is cool to drive without any luxuries have the mk1, and all credit to them, the chavs drive the mk2, the men of the forum drive mk3.

I'll go along with that. Amen brother.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ooohhh seb. Was that attempted divide and conquer. Iirc the 197 has light steering for the limp wristed brigade.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
just buy a 197 and leave your mckenzie zip up in the 172 when you sell it ;)

join the revolution.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
LOL tbh, i am the same, i am going German next time... i am a total cnut so i reckon a bmw will suit me.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No idea for me. The only thing I've tested that really grabbed me was the s2 elise, but the build quality and reliability would be poor. And with my job and the miles I cover, not really feasible.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
LOL tbh, i am the same, i am going German next time... i am a total cnut so i reckon a bmw will suit me.

c***s drive BMW's, Complete w*****s with a dick the size of a peanut drive Audi's.

Thats what they tell me anyway.