ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 not in UK shocker!

I’ve just taken my 182 to the dealers and I asked them when they will have the 197 in, he told me that they haven’t had any brochures or advertising guff and that they didn’t even know if it will be available in the UK……..:rolleyes:

Clio 182
Viv172 said:
I’ve just taken my 182 to the dealers and I asked them when they will have the 197 in, he told me that they haven’t had any brochures or advertising guff and that they didn’t even know if it will be available in the UK……..:rolleyes:

You changing again, Viv??

When I bought my 182 neither dealer had a brochure or anything for me to look at, all they could show me was the Renault website!

Karen said:
You changing again, Viv??

When I bought my 182 neither dealer had a brochure or anything for me to look at, all they could show me was the Renault website!

No way will I buy another Renault from a main dealer, because I’m so tired of arguing with them over warranty issues, it’s a shame as the car’s great when not at the dealers (in again today for the 3rd time in 6 weeks for the same prob!) the final straw was when they called me ‘not loyal’ FFS, me and my family have bought 6 Renaults between us in the last 4 years on my recommendation!

Never again….I just wanted to see the 197! :cool:

renault arent daft, the 197 will be in the uk, they sell more renaultsports in the uk than anywhere else!

Clio 182
Viv172 said:
No way will I buy another Renault from a main dealer, because I’m so tired of arguing with them over warranty issues, it’s a shame as the car’s great when not at the dealers (in again today for the 3rd time in 6 weeks for the same prob!) the final straw was when they called me ‘not loyal’ FFS, me and my family have bought 6 Renaults between us in the last 4 years on my recommendation!

Never again….I just wanted to see the 197! :cool:

Typical Renault dealers for you... what's the problem been with it? I'm going to have a look at the 197 tomorrow!

It’s the traction control/service light on all the time, and sometimes I’ll be driving along and the traction control kicks in for no reason.

They’ve adjusted the brake pedal sensor twice, I thought it best to point out that it might be something else causing the problem, fingers crossed that they will sort it today; in the mean-time I have a red 1.2. :eek:

Get a pic of the 197 so I can pass it on to them!

"...they didn’t even know if it will be available in the UK"...

Is that a joke? these guys really don't care about their own job!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Good lord, of course the 197 will be available in the UK. Is the guy totally of his rocker or something? The sports Clio (whichever model) is extremely popular, there is absolutely no way that Renault will not be selling them. That would be cutting their noses off to spite their faces.
I have however had a similar problem when enquiring about the new 1.6 Dynaimque S. I was told the 1.2, 1.4 and the 1.6 auto will be the most popular so they didn't intend to even get the new 1.6 in for demonstration purposes. I also enquired at another Renault dealer at Guildford and got told the same thing. It is no wonder some models are considered rare as getting to see some of them is darn near impossible.
Good luck with locating one and getting a test drive.:)

i was also in the other day, and all the guy showed me was the renaultsport website, no leaflets, nothin ~:(

This is the same dealers who asked me, just 3 weeks ago, if I would be part-exing the 182 for the 197, that guy wasn't there today, maybe they sacked him for trying to sell non-existent cars!!:clown:

TDI tyre shreader
Viv172 said:
It’s the traction control/service light on all the time, and sometimes I’ll be driving along and the traction control kicks in for no reason.

They’ve adjusted the brake pedal sensor twice, I thought it best to point out that it might be something else causing the problem, fingers crossed that they will sort it today; in the mean-time I have a red 1.2. :eek:

Get a pic of the 197 so I can pass it on to them!

Its the yaw sensor, mine used to do this all the time was scary!!

106 GTi
99% of the time the enthusiasts know more than the Renault dealerships so no shocks there!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rich said:
99% of the time the enthusiasts know more than the Renault dealerships so no shocks there!

Repeat as above.

*cough* TOSSER *cough*

106 GTi
superfastdan said:
Repeat as above.

*cough* TOSSER *cough*

There is always the 1% LOL

But that said, when I ordered my 182 the 1st salesman knew nothing about the car. The 2nd and guy who dealt with the whole order/buying process from deposit to collection however knew everything about the car. Excetion to the rule though in most cases.

When I went in for info about the Trophy, I ended up telling them about it.

Best yet the salesman at Peugeot yesterday at the 207 launch that did not even know what a 205 GTi was, despite having one in front of them on loan in the showroom.

I rest my case ;) But I will correct my statement to 75% of car salesman know f*ck all about there ranges, brand or heritige if thats better for you?

MKIII 138
Oms said:
Renault dealers are mostly ****s in my experience.

I've got over it; I know what to expect now.

true ^ wne to reg vardy in leeds today enquired about an F1 225 megane apparently thery were limited edition due to the plaque when in fact they were no limited and still had plaques although now have been discontinued you would think they would know this stuff