ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Recaros : In The Flesh

I came across (pun intended) a black 197 at a dealer yesterday and thought, again, how nice they are in the flesh. I took a wander up to it and had a look inside. God, those Recaro chairs are SOOOOOOOO damn sexy. The bottom cushions also seem to rake back quite hard, so I presume the driving position is lower.

I wish these chairs were fitted in the R26! A 197 with these seats is so utterly cool it makes me almost willing to buy one.

PS. I wish I could edit the title ;)

Re: 197 Reacors : In The Flesh

They definitely are one of the major selling points!

That said they come as standard in a Corsa VXR lol.

al

ST on the way...

I personally felt they were very uncomfortable compared to the Trophy/R26 seats.

They look ok but definately need more padding.

p.s. You could have edited the title but it's too late now me and ralph have posted.

C

Clio_Craig

my dad test drove a 197 with recaros and in my opinion yes they are very uncomfortable, but look very nice

Chocolate Bar™

you see now i disagree about the recaros. Theres one in our dealership in black with them in and they just arent upto par with the trendlines in the trophy. To me they just looked like ugly extended standard seats (awaits to be stoned lol).

personally i much prefer the styling and interior of the vxr, actually looks like what it is unlike the 197... imo of cause ;)

Exactly you went out and bought a pauper spec 182 ;););););) :rasp:

p.s. only kidding.

LOL but we have already agreed that as far as luxury goes, the Cup has the same seats without the vinyl covering and bigger steering wheel that melts in the sun.

The point of this thread is that the 197 Recaros make it a MUCH more desirable machine :approve:

Lol, I must either have non abrasive skin or I dunno what but my steering wheel shows little to no wear and its done 53k miles.

Fair play. I would rather have full fat, but I made my choice based on my finances at the time and I'm happy. Basically the 182Cup is a 182 with the same seats, minus cheap leather.

Clio200 EDC Lux

Seats.jpg

Pic from Revon on renaultsport.

210bhp 182 with 197 Recaros. I bet I wont be hearing any bleating FF stories then uh? ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
They hold you in very nicely, and yes you sit very low when you lower the seat all way.

Thing is they always say that it feels faster when you sit closer to the floor, i.e Elise, a Go-Kart etc.....doesn't seem to work in the 197.;)

I am only playing but i'll await the barrage of 197 defensive comments nonetheless!

M2 Competition

Lol, I must either have non abrasive skin or I dunno what but my steering wheel shows little to no wear and its done 53k miles.

You have girls hands :rasp:

Those seats are stunning, is a shame the mk2 rs' didnt all come with trophy recaro's, seems daft they didnt imo.

Also, considering pretty much every review ever written of the car faults the driving position, and those with buckets fitted know how much better the driving position is lower, why didnt renault lower it after the ph1's?!

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
the 197 recaros are nice and fairly comfortable once in but.....I kept banging my nads getting in and out of it!! the standard 197 seats are superb IMO.

106 GTi
Hope they are not all falling apart like the ones in the Renault demo cars that where at the RWS etc.

I thought they felt supportive but the back rest felt odd.

I came across (pun intended) a black 197 at a dealer yesterday and thought, again, how nice they are in the flesh. I took a wander up to it and had a look inside. God, those Recaro chairs are SOOOOOOOO damn sexy. The bottom cushions also seem to rake back quite hard, so I presume the driving position is lower.

I wish these chairs were fitted in the R26! A 197 with these seats is so utterly cool it makes me almost willing to buy one.

The driving position is no different in the 197 between the standard seats and the Recaros

The driving position is no different in the 197 between the standard seats and the Recaros

That surprises me dude, given that the Recaro seat cushion seems to rake backwards quite aggressively, I don't see how the seating positiion can be the same. But I guess you know better than me :D