ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 RR Results

a thirsty one
seen a few run between 179-185 on rs tuning rollers std cars, seen some run at other places and get nearly 200bhp

same story as rest of rs range though i think most dont make book figures

172 5HED
What are people getting? Like the 172/182 are they "well down" on book figures?

It was 20 off my 200BHP that it made with the mods, not from STD!!

It made 184 STD so around 13BHP down on quoted figs.

They average mid 180s as STD

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It was 20 off my 200BHP that it made with the mods, not from STD!!

It made 184 STD so around 13BHP down on quoted figs.

They average mid 180s as STD
Sorry! Regardless, I've been told it's now quick!

rps13
beats me why renault call them the 172..182..197..i always thought that was the bhp...

not really just renault though is it, it's most car manufacturers

thus everything evens out on the road

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Bear in mind that the quoted figure is probably what the engine made in bench tests during development. The only way to find out what power your engine makes is to take it out and bench dyno it. A rolling road has to calculate the flywheel HP by measuring the 'run-down', which isn't particularly accurate.

Manufacturers have been quoting optimistic power figures for donkey's years. For example, the BMW E36 Evo is quoted at 326 Bhp, yet many, apparently, struggle to make more than 310. Compare that with the earlier 3.0, which regularly made more than the quoted 286 Bhp.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
The Japanese used to have a 'Gentleman's Agreement' that no standard road car would produce more than 276 Bhp. Hence, Skyline GTRs were quoted as such, as well as Subaru 22Bs, GTOs and Supra TTs.

As if the R33/R34 GTR had only 276 Bhp!

I believe one car magazine RR'd a 22B and it was showing 380 Bhp @ the flywheel.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
Bear in mind that the quoted figure is probably what the engine made in bench tests during development. The only way to find out what power your engine makes is to take it out and bench dyno it. A rolling road has to calculate the flywheel HP by measuring the 'run-down', which isn't particularly accurate.

Manufacturers have been quoting optimistic power figures for donkey's years. For example, the BMW E36 Evo is quoted at 326 Bhp, yet many, apparently, struggle to make more than 310. Compare that with the earlier 3.0, which regularly made more than the quoted 286 Bhp.

the bmw m3 e46 produces 344bhp however only 299bhp makes it to the the rear wheels NOW THATS POWER LOSS

Tav

Clio 197
Most of the engines will be quite tight, so might make a little more with some miles under their belts.

Ph1
Its PS not BHP as already mentioned.

All rolling roads vary so the figure could be anything depending on where you go.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Alan's was 198, Pauls 201. Both stock.

I lol at folk going it's 20bhp down but the RR is the mostaccurate. Clearly not lol. When we have a RR which reads bang on book for 172/182/197/V6!

clio 172 cup
civic type-r are just as bad only produce in the 180s(i think all N/A cars are the same) astra vxr's are knowing for producing more than standard thats y ppl think they get 20bhp from just a remus backbox

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
civic type-r are just as bad only produce in the 180s(i think all N/A cars are the same) astra vxr's are knowing for producing more than standard thats y ppl think they get 20bhp from just a remus backbox

They typically produce more not less. Normally 210-215.

My dyno results STOCK vs Modified (Miltek exhaust & 200 cell sportcat, K&N panel filter, remap):

1.jpg

1.gif

Here are only the STOCK results:

Clio197-Rene-MjerenjeuCVH.gif

All rolling roads vary so the figure could be anything depending on where you go.

I agree with the mentioned above.

Dyno figures can vary - why:

1. Different software
2. Different preload on the wheels
3. Different operator
4. Different ventilator
5. Different measuring methods (some measure the power in 4th gear, some in 5th gear)
6. Tyre pressure
7. Different temperature

Just some of the things that I could think of...

Dyno testing is good for identifying gains from some mods (but you've got to think about those things mentioned above - the less things are different the more precise will be the dyno results) before & after.

Cammed 182 :)
dynos will vary alot between rr sessions in different places genrally tho rs tuning dyno is generally regarded as very accurate between car forums. dont go for a red dot rr after a remap there youd have a extra 20bhp in a 1*2 lol
Wish there was a similar place for us up the border :(

clio 200
never had my 197 or 200 on the RR but a mate of mine had his 197 with ITG drop in filter and samco inlet hoses (seemingly makes a smoother airflow?) it made 209bhp

never had my 197 or 200 on the RR but a mate of mine had his 197 with ITG drop in filter and samco inlet hoses (seemingly makes a smoother airflow?) it made 209bhp

After my ITG panel filter and remap I got 202bhp on the rollers, I'm still not convinced though!

That are VERY optimistic results giving in mind that, for example, Kevo's 197 was 184bhp stock, and with all his mods he ended up with 200bhp (that's without the latest airbox setup).

Here is a good thread on the clio197.net where are some of the dyno results.

clio 200
i think as its ben said b4 alot of it is down to he rollers

my st500 got 164.6bhp on one set of rollers nothing changed and it got 156bhp on other rollers