ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 running costs

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think the weight over the 182 is the killer, worth it for the cabin ect... over the 182 I would say.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Fuel difference cost at that mileage per year is the least of your worries, depreciation is the hidden cost you need to watch ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Most 197's have already had their depreciation no?

Peugeot 308
My ph1 172 can get 50mpg on a run averaging 50mph...

Motorway job at 70ish around 40/45mpg...

30mpg on a run? thats terrible tbh...

Clio 1970000000
Why are they so thirsty? Heavy?

I think it's the gearing that drains the fuel 4.5k revs @ 80mph in 6th :S. Mpg doesn't really matter unless you're doing a lot of miles.

Most 197's have already had their depreciation no?

10 points :D. Bought a mint 197 just under 3 years old for a little over £8k. I'm going to keep it for a few years and it will still be worth a few £k then.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Yes but even if it only drops £1k a year it's still more significant than the fuel cost difference between a car that gets 30mpg with 15,000 miles a year, compared to a car that gets 40mpg a year.

If running same fuel/distance this is only £700/annum :)

I just crunched the numbers to check :eek:

Clio 1970000000
Yes but even if it only drops £1k a year it's still more significant than the fuel cost difference between a car that gets 30mpg with 15,000 miles a year, compared to a car that gets 40mpg a year.

If running same fuel/distance this is only £700/annum :)

I just crunched the numbers to check :eek:

Did you factor in that BOTH cars will depreciate?

Ph 1 172
My ph1 172 can get 50mpg on a run averaging 50mph...

Motorway job at 70ish around 40/45mpg...

30mpg on a run? thats terrible tbh...

+1 i was shocked at this would of thought the newer car would be faster and better mpg clearly its worse on both of them lol but seriously very shocked that they only average mid 30's on motorway rivin! why is that then something to do with the weight?

Clio 1970000000
+1 i was shocked at this would of thought the newer car would be faster and better mpg clearly its worse on both of them lol but seriously very shocked that they only average mid 30's on motorway rivin! why is that then something to do with the weight?

Read post #45 ^^^

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Wouldnt have a 197 over a 182 tbh.

The cabin is nicer in the 197, absolutley but remember its the same fine plastics the viet cong has to offer so if you want a nice place to sit then get a diesel BMW.

182's are sublime for fuel tbf, 45mpg is achievable without effort.

Dont think the r27 has depreciated to bad considering what there still going for.
Just part exchanged my r27. Bought for 12.5k 16mths ago....21000 miles later, trade-in price was £11570. couldn't be bad to that lol

I never seen over 31mpg in the r27. The best i ever seen in my 182 was 37mpg on a very long journey.