ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 steering wheel on a 182?

Clio 182 Trophy
I know it can be done but does anybody have any pictures?

Also will the cruise control work still?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Done it myself, can be done but not easy. I wrote a guide for v6clio.net, I'll try and get it up on here too.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Oh, and yes CC etc can be made to work but needs some soldering etc.

Titanium 182
I've done it to mine, was a simple plug and play - all the controls worked perfectly without having to solder!

Mine's a 200 wheel though, so at first it was a bit tight and it wouldn't centralise automatically but now it's perfect :)

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Really? The cruise control connector from the car loom was totally different size and shape to the one in my 197 wheel!!

Titanium 182
Really? The cruise control connector from the car loom was totally different size and shape to the one in my 197 wheel!!

Must be different on the 200 wheel then? I had to snip a bit off one of the female clips so it connected properly, that's about it though!

Dan

172 track thingy
Must be different on the 200 wheel then? I had to snip a bit off one of the female clips so it connected properly, that's about it though!

could you put up a guide for the 200 wheel?? my 182 wheel is dying atm and i need a good replacement that will keep my CC.

Titanium 182
could you put up a guide for the 200 wheel?? my 182 wheel is dying atm and i need a good replacement that will keep my CC.

I'll be honest it was years ago I did it and I can't remember how I fitted it. I'm sure I snipped a clip, and that's it!

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Sure do! (sorry about the scruffy mats :) )

6470662919_9e43fdbe83_b.jpg

Titanium 182
Aye!

_MG_6966.jpg

_MG_6967.jpg

_MG_6991.jpg

_MG_7091.jpg

I need to get the RS insert like Benkay's Vee!

...just called Renault and ordered one, it was bugging me!

Last edited:

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Haha, fair play mate. Sorry I just cost you some ££££ :)

Dan

172 track thingy
well the 200 wheel doesnt look out of place so will deffo be looking into doing this soon :)

any problems with any sensors ect when fitting??

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
do NOT under any circumstances EVER place an airbag like this!!!!!!

_MG_6966.jpg

ALWAYS place airbags face up, no matter what

Titanium 182
what size is the 197 wheel? is it any smaller than the 1*2s?

Marginally. I think Jenic has a comparison, but more than anything it's the fact it *shouldn't* wear like the 1*2's, and it's a chunkier wheel which feels nice in my hands... ooh err missus ;)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Look good but are still too big IMO. Easier to get your current one retrimmed.

£230 f**k me.

Wouldn't a snap off boss and OMP wheel be cheaper of course if that's what you want. I would go for the above though a retrim.

mondeo titanium tdci
just looked at the fitting guide on clio v6.net well worth the £5 to join for the guide alone lol

Ian_R

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk3 Megane 250
Marginally. I think Jenic has a comparison, but more than anything it's the fact it *shouldn't* wear like the 1*2's, and it's a chunkier wheel which feels nice in my hands... ooh err missus ;)
You would think that it wouldnt wear like the 1*2s, but with just 25500 miles on my 197 - had a new wheel as my one was melting.
Gotta love warranty :)

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
You would think that it wouldnt wear like the 1*2s, but with just 25500 miles on my 197 - had a new wheel as my one was melting.
Gotta love warranty :)

Renault are cheeky b******s! I took my 182 into two different dealers when it was still under warranty and they wouldn't do Jack. Now looking at getting mine retrimmed for £200 less than Renault wanted for a brand new 'leatherette' steering wheel.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The thumb grip on my 182 wheel is starting to split.
I've wanted an MK3 wheel for years but its a lot of money tbf.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I tried to find them in the renault sport accessories on the site but i dont think they do them anymore.

Hopefully will just find one kicking about somewhere.

I wish the guide was handy off clio V6.

Sam!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
The 197/200 wheels wear just as badly as the 1*2's, so please don't buy one just because you think it'll last longer!

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
It's only a £5 to join v6clio.net, as someone said above it's worth it.

Guide includes everything, I recently updated it with the washer spec too which stops the wheel rubbing on the cowling of 172ph2/182s.