ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Struggling to start

clio 197, 1992 mini
Hi there my clio 197 is struggling to start but only in the morning has any one any idears? i was thinking battery whats every one think? thanks

clio 197, 1992 mini
When I push start button it turns over but dosnt start first time it seems to struggle more if the light come on as well it's had new spark plugs already thanks

Audi A5
Yeah, might be the TDC sensor, very common on the 1*2's and it seems to have started affecting the 197's now as well. Had a faulty one the other day.

megane 285 sport
its on the gearbox bell housing somewhere underneath, it will be facing into a hole as senses the teeth on the crank. normally get covered in metal dust. you will need to get the undertray of, but the only problem is the undertray is pop riveted to the bumper, the other side is screwed/boted to the car

Audi A5
The sensor is to the side of the bell housing by the radiator.

You can get to it from underneath but you would need to remove the under tray, that's held in by five 10mm bolts. The other under tray bit that Vxr killer is talking about shouldn't get in the way.

clio 197, 1992 mini
Is the crank sensor and tdc the same thing? Will for my battery today and see how it goes I suppose the worst that will happen is it won't start one day?

RB 182 cup
without fully understanding the symtoms have you checked its not an old battery struggling a little now its getting cold?

Audi A5
Yes crank sensor and TDC sensor mean the same thing.

It it could be the battery, it could be a lot of things, it's hard to tell without looking at it.