ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Throttlebody on 172? and pedal replacement

clio 172 ph2
So I think the throttle body and/or pedal on my 2001 phase 2 172 is on its way out. Throttle response seems a bit laggy and I have had serveral occations where the electric fault light is on and the car just idles when pushing the throttle.

I plan on replacing both the pedal and the body just to be sure and I was wondering if a 197 body would fit the 172. As these are still being sold new. Or i might even pick up a 2nd hand one as these would be serveral years newer.

As for the pedal, is there a place where I could buy these new of even used but checked? There are several pedals on ebay but I dont really thrust them as they also could be worn.

Thanks
Dentillozie

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Unsure on if a 197 throttle body would fit but I do have a 1*2 throttle body for sale if you need one. Fully working when removed.

clio 172 ph2
as for the pedal,
would anyone know if the pedal out of a 1.2, 1.4,... (part 8200089851) would work?
They can still be bought new and they seems almost identical to the pedal in the 172/182 (part 8200089857), Just rubber pedal instead of alu. looks easy enough to swap over.