ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 tyres, a wee heads up for others.

ST
My 197 will be due front tyres in the next few thousand miles, been going through the usual mytyres, camskill, black circles etc.

I stupidly put on two Avon ZZ3's last summer as at the time the Conti Sport Contact 3's were out of stock as i needed tyres ASAP i ordered up the ZZ3's as they seemed reasonably priced.

Big mistake tho, on nothing but bone dry roads they are all over the place, even just after the 500 or so miles 'running' in period they were rubbish.

So trawling the bay this afternoon i found this shop that maybe helpful to others:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-NEW-CAR-TYRES-215-45-17-VR-CONTINENTAL-SPORT-CONTACT_W0QQitemZ300292253776QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Tyres_RL?hash=item300292253776&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

£160 for two Conti 3's delivered seems pretty decent considering mytyres are £118 a corner.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....=P&F_F=&dsco=110&sowigan=So&Achse=&LoadRange=

The ebay shop above maybe helpful to others too as they do a range of sizes.

Cheers.

Megane R26
Nice one, thank you! My forthcoming R27 will need a couple in a few months on the front, so it's nice to find a good deal like that!!

Cheers :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
how did this work out Alan? i need a few for mine soon you see.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Boy was sperming over the ZZ3's yday! Lol...Pass. Reviews are shocking and if there anything like the ZV3's then they'll be pisch!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so Alan hasn't ordered any sport contact3's from ebay?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
GY's? what are they?

i want a set of four tyres, for my new rims.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
SOrry...My bad. "A guy" was sperming over them. Was at Turriff tyres. Not the bear.

Think al's still got the ZZ3's...Not burnt through them yet!

ST
I've not needed to change jus yet, car is 3k off it's second service so waiting until then.

I rang the number on their site it just went to voicemail tho they have good feedback so shouldn't be a problem.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
as above, don't go by they picture, these tyres are not sport conti 3's they are just continetals in the same size, so not the same tyre,

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Continentals SC3's are overated, mine are sitting in the garage in a stack only done 2K.

Trying a new tyre & so far well impressed:D