ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Tyres

GT86, 335, Westfield
Sorry, boring question and hopefully one to be answered quickly - what where the standard tyres fitted on the 197 cup 2008. What where the size

Clio 197
Sport Contact 3 I would have thought. Unless they were on different on the FF 197 to the cup. My '08 FF 197 has the original SP3's on the rear.

Clio 200
SC3s are still listed on e-tyres (who incidentally come to you, rather than you hanging around somewhere you'd rather not).
I have the 3s fitted to my brand new 200 and obviously had them on my previous 197 and have always found them to be very good.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I always use sport contact 3 w87 you can get them but you have to search a bit, thinking on getting some yoko trackday tyres for the summer for my nimbus, if we get any summer that is :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Really?? My michelins are far better than the sport contact 5's. my LCR ate a set in 6k.

8k later on michelins were still legal and still gripping better.

I think they are, my ps3's were no were near as longer lasting as my Pirellis.

But different cars take differently to tyres I guess.

When i got my 197 it had proper cheap tyres on it & in the dry the handling was awful but in the wet it was dangerous even at very low speeds there was no grip what so ever, i decided to get x4 conti 3s for it 215/45 & they have transformed the car so much grip, i did want federal RS-R's what ive got on the 172 but i got the contis at a good price.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Have you done a direct comparison like I have? They may not last as long as pirelli's but they'll last longer than conti's

Nope, never had Contis to be honest. Had pretty much everything apart from them.

Will always stick with Pirellis if they are available in whatever size I need them.

Sadly in 15" they aren't, so will be moving to AD08's.

GT86, 335, Westfield
TBH I found the Exaltos to be great all round tyres, on track and the road. Amazing grip.

Can anyone tell me if the Conti's are equal?