ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 v bini cooper s

BMW M3
"It feels like it’s got ADHD and should be on Ritalin"

lol !!

I had ADD at school and was on Ritalin lol.... saved my bacon.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I read a review in EVO that said the new 'S' has the 197 licked. I think I would rather have the S than a 197. Just because its a better drive, AND 110kg lighter!

Ad

MK2 FRS
yeah the new S is getting some decent reviews at the moment. Part of the issue is price imho. The clio is no longer a significantly cheaper option.

Turbos.
Interesting to see the 0-100mph time for the Mini, destroys the Clio.

Considering the Mini comes with no equipment, adding air con and other bits must add quite a bit of weight, so perhaps it is more powerful than what Mini admit to...

LY 200
^^^Thats very intresting indeed as when i went out in my pals 53 plated, 30k, Cooper S i wasnt impressed with its pace at all!!! :S

Love them recaro's in the 197. How much are they going to be as an extra?

Are they availble now does anyone know?

Chocolate Bar™
pretty positive they're around 800 as an option. but when i went into the stealers it was unconfirmed

cock mobile.
The in gear times are very shocking, never realised the gap would be quite that large!

That's always been the problem with high revving engines like the F4R, K20, etc.

The 197 does look a hell of alot better in and out on those pics though!

Like Ad said as well, the 197 is priced like a Reno anymore, so the age all, yer you've got a Cooper S, but I have a 182 and 5k spare isn't true anymore :S

Turbos.
To be fair if you want a spec rivalling the Clio you have to spend £19k. You could get a 197 import for about £14k i think.

Interestingly the JCW seats for the new Mini are the same optional Recaros as in the 197!

recaros.jpg

Last edited:
  1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
^^^Thats very intresting indeed as when i went out in my pals 53 plated, 30k, Cooper S i wasnt impressed with its pace at all!!! :S

different Cooper S thats why. the old one was supercharged. the new one is turbod with more power and torque and slightly different set up.

cock mobile.
Is there a JCW edition of the new one yet then?

Wonder what that will retail at and how it will perform.

Turbos.
Basically everything but the engine tuning is available (bodykit, wheels, brakes, suspension). I imagine it will be around 220bhp, so bloody quick! God knows how much it will be, probably around £23k with the right spec...

MINI JCW

different Cooper S thats why. the old one was supercharged. the new one is turbod with more power and torque and slightly different set up.

True but for similar stats as the old model the new MCS seems a bit to quick, according to that road test its nearly 3.5secs faster to 100 than the old model, no chance