ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 values

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A customer of mine is trying to buy a black 197. All I know is the following...

07 plate, 10,000 miles, black.

What prices are these fetching now??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^Thank you for your lengthy and experienced input.

I'm not sourcing it, she is going to buy it privately.

I thought about £10k was the money. Does that sound fair??

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
seen well specd one on pheads go for 10k. lowest is 9,500 on pheads.

10k for an 07 sounds very generous, must have no extras at all.

Phase 2 172 Cup
iv been offered an 07 F1 in blue with 11k recaro's air con anthricite wheels tints for 11,499..

is that about the right money??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You won't believe what the dealers are buying r27's for!!!

197's prices are falling as is evey other car.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...NAULT&model=CLIO&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...NAULT&model=CLIO&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

Then again Trophy's are now 7K, 182 can be had from 4K & 172 cups less than 3K.

People ask why i have not bought a car yet??

^^^ holy s**t that is some serious metal for under 10k 08 plate ffs!
and speedlines.

Golf R
if the car is completely without options.... i'd say about £9.5k is what i'd be wanting to pay, looking round at current values

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Christ all it takes is a couple of people to sell their cars cheap and then every 1 else has to drop their prices to sell their cars. Im defo keeping mine atleast 5 years and getting my moneys worth if used prices are going to stay so stupid...

I agree mate, no ones buying, for folk to shift a car now they have to sell it a bit cheaper than they would normally do. Sodding 'credit crunch'

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Renault especially seem to have awful depreciation aswell. Love my car but hate the badge on it...

Golf R
Renault especially seem to have awful depreciation aswell. Love my car but hate the badge on it...

yeah but look at it this way - did you pay list price on your 197? I know i certainly didn't, i got a very nice discount.

so then you look at for sale adverts with people doing one of 2 things -

a) selling the car claiming they've paid 'list' price and selling it at close to the discounted price they did pay

or

b) selling it at £1-1.5k less than dealers are knocking out brand new ones at and not taking too much of a hit.

that then means that those with cars that are over a year old have to price theirs something like £2-3k less than the cars i talk about in point a) and before you know it a car with a list price of £15k new is worth about £10k at best after 1 year

Mustang, S13, AX GT
No I didn't pay list price for mine but even now with the price I've paid if I was to sell it on I have lost atleast £3k in 7 months. Thats a huge loss even though I paid less than list when I bought the car.

Golf R
No I didn't pay list price for mine but even now with the price I've paid if I was to sell it on I have lost atleast £3k in 7 months. Thats a huge loss even though I paid less than list when I bought the car.

as ian says, prices of all cars have crashed, more so than perhaps many people thought they would.

i sold my R27 and after 10k of motoring lost £2k... but tbh if you plan on keeping the car a long time, that depreciation will even itself out... the current value is only an issue if you find your circumstances change massively and you need to sell in the next 3 to 6 months

197-I love!!!
I bought the 197 with the black Speedlines that Steve mentioned earlier.It was on Autotrader,Reg April 2008,just under 5000 miles £9995,picked it up on Wed. from Hull so I had a great drive back to Hampshire until I hit the biggest car park in the world,the good old M25!!!.Awesome,I love the car,immaculate.I loved my 182 but the power in the 197 seems to be much smoother but I love them both for different reasons.

I bought the 197 with the black Speedlines that Steve mentioned earlier.It was on Autotrader,Reg April 2008,just under 5000 miles £9995,picked it up on Wed. from Hull so I had a great drive back to Hampshire until I hit the biggest car park in the world,the good old M25!!!.Awesome,I love the car,immaculate.I loved my 182 but the power in the 197 seems to be much smoother but I love them both for different reasons.

Good choice mate - That car looked a real bargain.