ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 vs 200 cup

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
If only there'd been a 197 in alien green, would be my choice!

even though the pictures not very good quality, doesn't change how bad the 200 looks in comparison imo, but of course each to their own.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
If only there'd been a 197 in alien green, would be my choice! And even though the pictures not very quality, doesn't change how bad the 200 looks in comparison imo, but of course each to their own.

Yeah i'd have loved to have seen the Alien green, and a bright orange like the 197 cup racers as a option on the 197 :(

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
I really don't care what the front / the back or the inside looks like.

The 200 is a great driving car (and I'm sure the 197 iss too)

Here's the view the OP will need to get used to ;)

P7190183.gif

Nice, looks the same as mine, apart from the fake chrome pipes, but do like the gloss black diffuser. :rasp: lol

LY 200
The 200 is supposed to be a better car than the 197 isn't it? :approve:

I like the 197 aswell though.;)

PS 200
Nice, looks the same as mine, apart from the fake chrome pipes, but do like the gloss black diffuser. :rasp: lol
Indeed - I'm actually quite surprised at how different the cars actually look when they are next to each other. I'm loving mine and I'm sure you're loving yours too :cool:

Actually think that the chrome pipes at the back are the worst "improvement" they've made :eek: - But I don't see them that often :D

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
Indeed - I'm actually quite surprised at how different the cars actually look when they are next to each other. I'm loving mine and I'm sure you're loving yours too :cool:

Actually think that the chrome pipes at the back are the worst "improvement" they've made :eek: - But I don't see them that often :D

Good to hear, and yep loving mine too :)
lol no that's true you won't see them much, but I'm sure a company will be offering a change for some real tails in time

I do like the coloured trim on the recaros though, wonder if your seats will start to seperate on the right bulster too

RS200
In defence of the 200, the pics don't do it any justice.

It's alot better looking in the flesh.

I totally agree i really didnt like the 200 when i first saw pics but in the flesh it look properly smart. my friend that came on the test drive with me hated it too but now loves it after seeing it and being driven in it.
When i first set eyes on it i hated it.. now i own one :cool:

200 has the nicer cabin, and you'd see that more than the exterior. Besides, if you're in the 197, the o ly angle of the 200 you'll see is the rear.

Utter garbage - have you ever driven either? Plus they are virtually identical inside

S3, Polo
Not a fan of the front of either.

Like the sides and arses of both though.

No denying the 'driver's car' credentials of both, but I'd rather save a bit longer and get a new Focus RS.

Hmmmmm, controversial...

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
I like the 197 too...there is something weird about the 200 front end that I still don't like...

RS200
ive driven both and the 200 has got a better cabin it feels better built. weather or not the 200 is faster? if you had someone who really knows how to drive it i think it would edge ahead of a 197

Black Gold Trophy
197 looks MILES better! It still annoys me that neither car comes with a rear spoiler as standard, looks unfinished without one.

Last edited:
  PS 200
200 LOOKS MILES BETTER AND NEWER

What's more annoying is that neither comes with a turbo ;)

Last edited:
  Black Gold Trophy
yeah I have to say, having something that looks newer is what its all about,

excuse me while I sell my 182 and go and buy a 2009 daewoo matiz because it's newer!

PS 200
yeah I have to say, having something that looks newer is what its all about,

excuse me while I sell my 182 and go and buy a 2009 daewoo matiz because it's newer!
If sarcasm is your preferred tool why not sell your 182 and get a model T ford :rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ive driven both and the 200 has got a better cabin it feels better built

So hows that then when it has EXACTLY the same interior as a phase 1 bar a few snazzy colour changes? ;) Its that 'new' thing again ;)

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
lol i have to admit in the picture of my 197 it does look dated, just a very poor quality quick snap with an iphone in the rain says it all really.
As for better cabin in the 200.......lol, it is the same!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
lol i have to admit in the picture of my 197 it does look dated, just a very poor quality quick snap with an iphone in the rain says it all really.
As for better cabin in the 200.......lol, it is the same!

I don't think the 197 looks dated the 172/82 yes, but not the 197.

RS200
So hows that then when it has EXACTLY the same interior as a phase 1 bar a few snazzy colour changes? ;) Its that 'new' thing again ;)

It does the interior is VERY similar, granted but the yellow rev counter and the slightly different radio and gloss finish around it are different. for me the 197 had a few tiny niggles and the 200 has rectified them all for me

BMW 320d M-Sport
Not taking a 200 out today now, garage sold it just now, less than an hour from when I was due my test drive! On the bright side they have a standard 200 arriving next week in Albi so that can be a direct comparison to mine, hopefuly get some good shots of them together to add to the comparison. I did like the yellow rev counter, but I think the feeling of it just being brand new will always help make people think a 200 is better. It has a crappy name to start with! 197 ftw.