ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 wiper oddities

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Wipers seem to be doing all sort of random things recently. They stopped working half way through their stroke on a trackday in Feb. I got home and replaced the stalk with a known good one - problem solved.
Now i rarely drive the car as it's just used for track. However, i drove it home the other day and upon starting the engine, the wipers decided to wipe 3 times fully, and then half way for the final stroke. The only way i could get them to go back to the 'home' position was to unplug the stalk, and plug it back in again.

I understand that alot of wiper problems are down to the linkages seizing up, but i think mine is more of an electrical gremlin. Does anyone know where i would be best starting with all this?
I have already replaced the stalk with a known good one and I cannot see any water ingress in the little fuse box under the acoustic valve.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Check the wiring under the scuttle to the motor and the motor too

I've seen scuttles fill up that full of water you might as well put some fish in there and have a nice pond 😂

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Should of mentioned, the scuttle is dry and the drains are ok
I shall double check for any corrosion on the multi plug though :cool: