ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1996 clio rsi

clio rsi 8v
Have looked through a load of these build up threads and they really are good reading so i thought i would make my own contribution. I've had the car for over a year now its a 1996 clio rsi. I got the car for nothing off a mate. When i got hold of it the timing belt had snapped and bent the valves so sent the head away to autohead inverness who also supplied a new head gasket, timing belt, tensioners, head bolts and rocker cover gasket (great service, well priced). got the head back from autohead so cleaned the top of the block the pistons the inside of the cylinders and then fitted a new head gasket and the head. Then was the job i wasnt looking forward to doing which was the timing as i have never done anything like that before but with the help of a haynes manual got it done, with the single camshaft it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be. After doing the timing belt i noticed the fan belt wasnt looking to healthy so replaced that aswell. Then it was a case of fitting things like the injector rail, new plugs, ht's, pipes, a spotlessly clean throttle body and the air box with newly fitted pipercross panel filter. Then it was a case of starting it up, was gutted when it didnt turn over first time but found out this was just due to a sticky starter. When it actually started i was quite proud of myself. A few things left to do to get it road worthy like the radiator fan,and coolant temp gauge and a couple of things to tidy it up a bit. Doesnt seem like much done but without the use of a garage, lack of funds and being at the mercy of the weather i dont think things are goin to badly. got this pic but just polished it in the last few days and will get some better pics up.
DSC00182.jpg

Last edited: