ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st car...soon :), advice needed

Clio Sport 172
hi, i had to register with cliosport just to share my advise bcus i know how hard it is/was to sort insurance... i started at 17 with a 1.4 306. great 1st car to have and i think most will agree. insurance was grp 4 and i did my pass plus - cheapest quote £1200. at 18 i bought a mk2 vtr (grp7) (after 1yrs driving exp plz note) also had 1 yrs no claims and paid the premium in full so was cheaper. worked out at £1200 cheapest quote. i have just sold my vtr and pick up my 172 on tuesday (my 20th bday, note for insurance purposes) so i will be 20 and have 2yrs no claims, again paid in full to save money, just paid £2300 for full comp insurance (add 10-20% if ya wana pay monthly) hope this gives you an idea of figures mate. my advise would be if you want to rag ure 1st car dont get a fast 1 bcus you will either kill your self or some1 else, or crash and f**k ure insurance right up till your 20/21, or you lose ya licence for speeding. ANY car will feal fast after 2/3 months of driving lessons anyway so dont worry about it. hope this helps:cool:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Good potential for subtle modding, would look good lowered, and the interior of the SRi and SXi's are very neat.