ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st gear juddering and high rev juddering

hi again chaparoones , not had the car long but having trouble taking off in 1st gear without the car shaking, not kangarooing, I mean that something shakes/rattles as I pull away, if I lift the clutch very slowly it wont do it, or if im moving along and pull away its fine, all the other gears are perfect, not a problem anywhere else in regards to changing gears.

also it does the same shaking at high rpm, sounds like its coming from bottom of the engine somewhere/subframe ,almost like something is loose when reaching 5k in every gear.

any ideas , my first thought is loose bolts somewhere, my worst thought is a bad clutch

its a loud rattling noise, almost like the engine is rocking and shaking up and down, loose sounding , not sure how to explain with ill try to get a video

where are the engine mounts ? obviously one on the top left as you look at the engine, i tightened these up as they werent tight when i checked, the dogbone joint is tight aswell, is there one to the right of the engine bay ? is access to it under the car or above ?

cheers

Dog bone mount under car which attaches between the engine/gearbox and the subframe.

It can look fine, but be shot and when shot it will allow the exhaust to hit the subframe when you pull away. It will probably be a bit worse if you pull away on an incline. (mine was)

Have a look under the car at it with the engine running, you will be able to see any movement in it. There will be some but it shouldn't be too much.

There is a genuine one on ebay for £14, but I would advise you not to buy it.
It is meant for a Kango/smaller engine clio, and whilst it will pysically fit, the rubber is too soft.

The powerflex bush kit is a much better option, although you might notce a little more vibration in the car.