ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 litre conversions

Often on this discussion forum I read about valvers with 2.0 litre conversions.

My Clio is an 1.8 8v. Is there anyone on here who has had a 2.0 litre (8v) conversion done to their RSi?

Thats the thing. I dont want to change the engine. Its run pretty sweet, just not quick enough.

Can you not get conversions that change the bottom end or soemthing like that?

A 2.0 8v engine from any renault car wont be an upgrade on your RSi !! Get a willy lump or a 16v engine !! easiest option mate !! 16v engines are cheap as chips these days !!

indeed - if your going to the trouble of replacing your BE / engine then do it with something worth while. As craig said a 1.8/2.0 or even a GTT is your best option.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

you can still the laguna 2.0 bottom end on your rsi. Coupled with a chip and decat it will be rapid.

rsi head on 2litre laguna block will be rapid. torque monster. with a bit of work, 130-140lb/ft would be easy to obtain.

jimbo

The Valver doesnt make much more torque that the RSi admittedly and it will be at higher revs, but it will still be a quicker car than the 2.0 Laguna lump. Plus, you cant swap the bottom end from a 2.0 8v Laguna AFAIK.

Then, of course, there is the Willy lump. More than enough torque at low revs to kick the Laguna 2.0 into touch and, of course, more power than the Valvers F7P.

Personally, unless it was really cheap to do any of the above to the RSi (like well under £500) - then youd be best off selling and using a Valver as the starting point. Just think of the chassis and suspension benefits of a 16V for starters.