ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 grand, should I??? Help!!

Hi guys,
I wondered if u cud help, I have been offered £2000 for my Clio Sport.
It's a 2002rs,
172, it's done 50k.
There's nothing wrong with it, it has a fully adjustable vmaxx suspension
Black chrome 17 inch alloys, tasteful not chavy lol.
Omp strut brace, pipe across induction kit.
Ktec wheel barrings uprated all round.
It's in great condition all round a few minor scratches and dinks for a 9 year old car.
I don't really drive it all but its my pride and joy!
Iv been offered £2000 for it, it needs selling really as I never use it as I have a work van.
Do u think this is a gd offer? Or could I get more?
Any advice please??

It not mint like I said its got a couple of dinks and scratchs but nowt major It cud do with a service and the cambelt needs to be done but I dnt drive it so not had the chance to do any of that but it runs sweet and thats the lot really, thanks guys I mite just keep it for a while longer Iv had her 5 years practically family lol

Maybe a 172 Cup..
My old car from 2005, keep her mate. As already said 2k seems cheap, but if cambelt service is to be done, try for about 2400ish...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thats cheap.infact thats trade in price...

Its trade price-> it depends if hes asking to buy it trade or whether its a PX-

2k for a 50k 172 on a 2 plate with no belts & non standard alloys- Id offer about that-

By the time the wheels are changed & the belts are done ( which is what I would do) your looking probably 2750- id factor in a dephaser pulley as well-

Your not going to sell that for more than 3.3k retail-

So 2k on the face of it doesnt seem to bad--

S

Ph1
Its trade price-> it depends if hes asking to buy it trade or whether its a PX-

2k for a 50k 172 on a 2 plate with no belts & non standard alloys- Id offer about that-

By the time the wheels are changed & the belts are done ( which is what I would do) your looking probably 2750- id factor in a dephaser pulley as well-

Your not going to sell that for more than 3.3k retail-

So 2k on the face of it doesnt seem to bad--

S

Depends what garage. Main dealer and that would be auctioned off. Garages are not in the habbit of having to spend money to sell

172/vx220t/m135i
2k sounds about right to me. 172s are worth feck all now :(

Your absolutely right, these cars a performance bargain now to actually buy. I noticed when i was looking though many of them seemed to have changed hands after just a few months. As cheap as they might be to buy doesn't mean you can run one on a fiver! As for the offer of £2k i'd have thought that wasn't far off from a trader, probably worth nearer £3k if you sold private.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Glasses jan - 2150 mileage adjusted- = trade ( remember it needs a belt change though)

S

Mileage means nothing without the history it should have had the belt done in 2007 and if I was viewing I'd be thinking about the £500-700 for the cambelt so I reckon its not too bad of an offer... look at it this way, you saved £500-700 not having the cambelt done so were always going to loose out at the other end, can't expect it to fetch what cars of a similar age with the belts done and full service history.