ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 iPhones - 2 Laptops - iTunes ?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Will try and explain this as best I can.

I have an iPhone which is unlocked on 3.2.1 meaning I need to keep an old version of itunes, I just ignore updates when they are sent as if I upgrade it will lock my phone. My girlfriend now has an iPhone but this is on 4.2.1 this wont work on the itunes we currently have.

So I now have a notebook with no itunes but obviously all the songs are on the other laptop (with the old itunes) does anybody know what our best option would be?

One option would be let my phone lock, update itunes then get it unlocked again or update with the latest itunes on my laptop but then does anybody know how we can get music from one computer to another?

Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Ben

Bus w**ker
Just transfer all your music from the laptop to the notebook (google it there's hundreds of guides) and then keep your 3.2.1, although surely there must have been a JB update and unlock released since then, and run the latest iTunes and 4.2.1 on the notebook.

Why will the iPhone lock if you updae it?

Jailbroken and sim unlocked for a guess.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Phone was originally on orange I then got it unlocked but was asked not to update iTunes, will this lock my phone?

Ibiza FR
If you got it unblocked through Orange it will be fine to update, but if it was done by a man at the market or small phone shop it most likely been jailbroken / unlocked, so if you update you will have to re-jailbreak.