ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 PC, 2 MONITOR, 1 KEYBOARD

Bumder With A Buffer
I'm having a blonde moment here....

I had one pc connected up with 2 monitors. Have a new pc now that is a special one kept on our protected green side network at work. One of the monitors has 2 inputs so that is now hooked up via dvi to the new pc (i don't need 2 screens for that new pc)

But what I want to do is share the keyboard only between those 2 computer's.

Kvm switch? I don't need any monitor switching done.

Now this is where it gets interesting...when I am using one screen for one pc (to check internet datasheets orders etc) I need to be able to flick to the one that's one the protected side easily without having to press silly buttons or whatever. This isn't possible from what I can think of?

Basically my second new pc doesn't have access to internet as we are working on top sever shizzle and our boss doesn't want our Chinese partners "pinching" our ideas ..

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You could still use the KVM to switch the keyboard over, without switching the monitors. KVM's don't have to control everything.

You can use a peice of software as well, we use it at work for controlling wallboard devices from our workstation.
http://synergy-foss.org/

Just install that on the new pc, and your existing pc.

I was going to recommend that but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called and couldnt find it in google.

Didn't want to sound like I was spouting shite. :cool:

Nissan 350z
Haha ever since finding it its etched in my memory, soooooo useful and free!
It can have its moments ocasionally where the clipboard stops working but other than that i have never had any issues with it.

Bumder With A Buffer
Nope...

We have a secure network now which only a few of us can access, you cant access what they are calling the "double green side" from our normal "Green side" (thats what the rest of the company are on.

DCi
unlucky, we have a lot of networks on site that aren't allowed to be physically connected at all, between firewalls or anything, there literally has to be breaks in cables to seperate them

we use KVM's on the ones we control but there is one main one that we dont support and they block all the usb devices, it's tough s**t for those users lol

anyway what i mainly came to post is i have my desktop and TV on the same desk sat next to each other, i use a remote for the htpc connected to my tele but now and again i need to do stuff, i used to vnc from my ipad but even then my app never let me right click - that synergy thing is awesome. i like it loads