ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Brake Problems

Abarth 500 Essesse
My brakes seem a little erratic, seem to lurch to one side quite a bit under heavy sudden breaking, particularly at higher speed, sort of 50-70+, could it be me snatching at them a little do you think? Surely it shouldn't cause the car to lurch like it seems to be the though (I'm hoping it's not this or the threads getting deleted :eek:) worth getting them checked out? (the safer option i suppose) problem is i can't really be without my car as it's used daily for work, etc.

It's all controllable not like i'm going into a hedge but it's a little un-nerving especially with the higher speeds, if i brake normally at high speed they're fine it's only when braking with some force i.e. on the motorway when some kind sole decides to pull out on you.

Anyone else had similar experiences with 197/200 brakes, never had this sort of thing with the 182, however these brakes are a different kettle of fish really.

Any advice is appreciated.

Chris

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Check tyre pressures?

My 197's brakes were emense, but they loved to get hot.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Thanks Steve, i'll have a check of tyre pressures tomorrow, but i'm pretty sure they are fine. The brakes are awesome other than this lol

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
They do tend to glaze with lots of town driving & frequent wheel washing.
A trip into the countryside ;) usually clears that up:D

Abarth 500 Essesse
Yeh noticed that, mine squeal quite a bit, easy to sort with a bit of enthusiastic braking though ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Alignment can be an issue, mine was a bit frisky under braking until it was sorted.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You know when they get too hot as the rubbers on the calipers melt :eek:

Abarth 500 Essesse
Lol not gone that far yet Steve!

Alignment is a possible, i'll have a look into that one cheers