ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200+break

ph2 172 ff
im looking to modify my 172 its currently standard being lowered tomorrow, id like more than 200bhp from it , ill be buying a milltek cat back and a form of enclosed filter, what should i do after? i know people say remap but what other ways are there of reaching that power?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cams, Individual Throttle Bodies + re-map after? All come at a price.

Might as well save up for a 200bhp standard car.

R35 GTR
im looking to modify my 172 its currently standard being lowered tomorrow, id like more than 200bhp from it , ill be buying a milltek cat back and a form of enclosed filter, what should i do after? i know people say remap but what other ways are there of reaching that power?

start saving....

or do all of the above an strip it for a huge power to weight ratio. Id say go for it mate, will be minted once its done, anyone can go buy a car with a big engine;)

Ph1
Out of interest, anyone ever got a genuine 200bhp with a panal filter + other mods ??

GDI's cam package would probably be a good starter for you. Not sure how much power it gives roughly

you'll need to spend a good £3k for a genuine 200bhp (and that's not throttle bodies)

For a couple hundred over you can have ITB's though, so there's little point looking at owt else in that price range imo. Best of both worlds, low down and top end power without the need for peaky cams and added bonus of making the engine sound it's best

Astra van,Mk1 nova
good gains mate:cool: , ive just put on my cda, decat and magnex, and have a 182 exhaust manifold to go on, im hoping for 5 bhp atleast:) fingers crossed!

ValverInBits
with dirty cams a remap and some head work you may just touch 300.

Cheapest way to exceed it would be a custom manifold and 2nd hand bike throttle bodies+the above.

was thinking the same for a second, typo surely!? lol

as for bike ITB's and custom manifold, has anyone actually done this, would be interesting to know what the results are.

ph2 172 ff

Cheapest way to exceed it would be a custom manifold and 2nd hand bike throttle bodies+the above.

how would i go about fitting bike bodies ive seen some of an r1 would these work???

titanic killer

how would i go about fitting bike bodies ive seen some of an r1 would these work???
Id leave it to fitting bodies that have been tested etc as you might end up spending £££££s for something that might not work
just go the tried and tested way and do it once

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
we fitted motorbike carbs to a 1600 8v gsi nova, it made 160bhp @ the fly with headwork and a wild camshaft, made up a custom manifold for it, the advantage off running them from a cost saving point of view is you dont need a standalone ecu etc ours ran without engine management! hardly any electrics or wiring under the bonnet! cost pennies to build!!

need a decent rolling road to set the carbs up though!

Bogg Brothers do custom manifolds for bike bodies for about £200 i am led tro believe.

Surely easiest way to 200horses is a 197 with a remap? lol

Black Gold with cup packs
3k was spent on my car to make it hit 202bhp
Then another grand for H+Rs plus professional set up

P

phill172

Very very soon guys, in the finsihing stages of the K4M 1600 on R1 bodies, but tbh, i think they would be a bit ashemtic on the 2.0 16v, as there only 38mm.....but all the Vw people run them and are hitting 200+bhp on there 2.0 16v.......

Mine will be at FCS so you can have a gander there! :rasp:

Very very soon guys, in the finsihing stages of the K4M 1600 on R1 bodies, but tbh, i think they would be a bit ashemtic on the 2.0 16v, as there only 38mm.....but all the Vw people run them and are hitting 200+bhp on there 2.0 16v.......

Mine will be at FCS so you can have a gander there! :rasp:

:O I didnt even know someone was doing this! Now I am truly gutted I am not going to be at FCS :(

Id leave it to fitting bodies that have been tested etc as you might end up spending £££££s for something that might not work
just go the tried and tested way and do it once

exactly my thinking, customer shouldn't be used as guinea pigs to "test" if something works. I'd want a direct comparison with a proven solution, like Jenvey. Then I'd want to drive each of them to compare, as sometimes figures can be manipulated.

ValverInBits

Sh1te! Sorry guys, It's a typo. Meant 200 obv.

lol 300bhp NA clio :rolleyes:

172 FF
The idea of 200+ ponies under the bonnet is appealing but how bad will drivability be hit..
I recall the old scatter cams in a mini making it almost impossible to drive unless screaming it..

GDI have a £1500 package that caught my eye and no sign of a new exhaust system that could be added ( hint more package offers =p ). sadly no indication of the power is listed .. I'm not even qualified to guess, but slowly getting a good idea.

ph2 172 ff
i looked at gdi have also seen ktec remap and then with a filter and exhaust headwork etc i may go this way thinking of saving for turbo conv but not sure