ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 door speaker size and best way to fit 6x9's??

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
hey guys does anyone know what size of speaker will fit into a clio 200 and if any work is needed to fit bigger ones and what is the best way to wire up a set of 6x9's in a 200?any help from the boffins will be great.

cheers davey

a true audiophile would never use 6x9s! and i would never ever put 6x9s into a 200! just save up and get some decent components!

Renaultsport clio 200 cup
lol i know the whole debate about 6x9's so i do but atm am not looking at putting subs into the 200 so just thought the 6x9's would add abit more bass lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Aren't 6x9's what people in the 90's put on their parcel shelf?

Listerine & Poledo
Aren't 6x9's what people in the 90's put on their parcel shelf?

certainly are. 6x9 or 7x10

In fairness, if you can stealth-fit them then they make an argument for themselves if you're looking for bass without losing the boot.

you can still have some really keen components up front too.

Listerine & Poledo
Surely bigger drivers and cones = lower notes?

I'm no audio pro, so quite willing to be wrong here.

I must admit, when I had the Toledo, the Sub I use made no difference to the sound, the VAG set-up was pretty good as standard... obviously not up to the standard of a couple of thousands' worth of amp & comps etc, but still, decent. Better than what I had in the company golf a while back for sure

Mondeo TDCI 130
To answer your original question, the speakers are 13cm, front and back. :)

I have pioneer's all round, components in the front, bought from MT audio on here in the trader's section! The parcel shelf won't take 6x9's imo! Made of cheese!

Da

Less
Thinking of upgrading mine too Steve, but to be fair the standard sound system isn't half bad in the 200.

What pioneers did you fit? I used to have some Hertz co-axials in the 182 and they were awesome :)