ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 exhaust

Clio 200
This might be a stupid question but my friend has offered to cut my cat and silencer out so i had a look and i can get the full exhaust system for £100 and was also thinkin about removing the back box so it would really just be a straight through pipe, i know a few people that have done this on fiesta st's but i was woundering if it will destroy the performance or the mpg?

Pretty sure removing the cat on a 200, creates the mother of all flat spots. Could be wrong though.

Not to mention it would be idiotically loud.

Last edited:
Pretty sure thats just the fact the engine needs to be revved for it to 'come alive'. Up until 5k-ish I find them a tad sluggish. Mine is anyway.

I've never driven a 200 with a modded exhaust, but spoke to a chap at a meet once and he said it was horrific. Needed a remap, and even then, it was still noticeable.

Again, I could be wrong. Perhaps someone with a 200 and aftermarket exhaust will be able to help more.

Clio 200
I have been looking at after market exhausts as imo thats the only thing the 200 lacks i would love it to have a bit more of a rasp or a nice rumble.

Clio 200
Mine has 42000 on it, you can hear the engine/exhaust on high revs but not what i was expecting it to sound like

Ah right, I was expecting it to be lower milage, as mine is started to sound louder and a tad raspier from when it was new.

Best asking someone with a aftermarket exhaust then dude.

If not, look on Youtube at some video's. There's a few starting to crop up on there now.

Clio 200
Yeah it has a few more miles on it then I would like, i have had a look on you tube and there is a few vidoes they sound ok but hard to tell with the quality of the videos.

Clio 200
Just had a read through the first 20 pages and people say the flat spot is just the same some say its worse :-/