ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 ordered!!!

Da

Less
Yeah give it beans and cry at the MPG, lol ;)

Best performance/economy isn't achieved until around 1500/2000miles I believe (where I''m at in mine now).

Oh and the exhaust note is meant to improve after a few thousand miles too :)

Yeah Richard said that the exhaust note gets better with mileage. His demo had 20,000 miles on it and sounded awesome.

What you getting out of it now Da, mpg wise?

Did you have a renultsport of some sort before the 200 and if so, how does it compare?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Seems like a pretty dumb idea to me? Isn't this restriction put in place to give all the components of the engine a chance to gradually get worn in?

And you honestly think the russians drive it sensibly when its taken off the boat?? No. Its ragged the f**k out of from day one.

And if you seen the way they're driven on the test track at the factory you'd understand why!! lol.

Da

Less
Yeah I had a 182 for three and a half years prior to the 200. The 200 is a massive improvement over the 182 in lots of ways. More refined, more solid, much more of a car and less of a toy, as I felt the 182 was.
RUK have taken the 197 (which is/was a brilliant car in it's own right) and improved on it in the 200.

MPG wise it's worse, worse than the 197 much the same as the 197 was worse than the 182 (and so on).

Low thirties is 'achieveable' if driven carefully but at present I seem to be sitting between 20 and 25 MPG.

£120 of fuel got me approx 500 miles.

I should only be doing 500 miles a month so £120 a month ain't too bad.

Although when thinking back to my rb182 days £160 would give me 1000 miles of driving and I ragged it everywhere!

Last edited:
Anyway, the misses will be driving it day to day so she can put the fuel in.

And I can use it up of an evening and weekend!

GW Clio 200
There is a full spec 200 white in southend, cup packs, windon tints, proper RS stickers.. Stan it looks amazing, head turner!

congrats

Cup spoiler and R27 stickers on it? If so I believe it's a guy that works or has something to do with Churchills (always parked outside of there) keep an out of for my GW around Southend after I pick it up on Friday ;)

OP - Will look mint mate, hopefully your wait doesn't feel too long!