ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Speaker Upgrade

The source should always be your priority to change, ie the headunit. You wont notice a massive difference in changing these other than they can handle the lower frequencies a tad better.
The grills are normally a 1/4 turn. Yet to see a mk3 without the wiring in place but it wouldnt surprise me if it didnt have it.

Clio 200 Cup packed
cheers pal.

i hear what youre saying, but i dont really want to change the HU unless absolutely necessary.

im guessing there are no pre outs on the standard HU, so adding an amp would be a bit silly?

i'll have another bash at the grills tonight.

im also a bit confused, as i thought the tweeters where standard?

Nissan 350z
Tweeters are only present if you spec'd the upgraded Headunit to my knowledge (the bluetooth handsfree one).

Clio 200 Cup packed
Tweeters are only present if you spec'd the upgraded Headunit to my knowledge (the bluetooth handsfree one).

that would make sense.

but the brochure says 4 speaker / 2 tweeters as standard (i guess they could have changed it though)

just hoping the wirings there really, (if i can get the damn grills off)

cheers pal.

i hear what youre saying, but i dont really want to change the HU unless absolutely necessary.

im guessing there are no pre outs on the standard HU, so adding an amp would be a bit silly?

i'll have another bash at the grills tonight.

im also a bit confused, as i thought the tweeters where standard?

You can use the high level input from an amp just using the normal speaker cable and extending it to the amplifier

RS Clio 200
I'm now in the process of upgrading my system on my 200. It has the upgraded system already but is still pants. The tweeters are on top of the dash in the corners if you have them and just pop out with a pick or small screw driver. The grilles pop out too, not at the edge of the grill surround but at the edge of the grill section itself. What you need to look up is a re-q 5. Search it on google and you will find loads of info on upgrading factory unit. Then get an amp as the re-q provides the pre outs. The pioneer speakers will be a good upgrade but depending on how new your 200 is Renault superseaded the factory speakers they were fitting to 200's back in 09' and last year and the ones they currently use aren't too bad quality and potential wise. Just a very poor head unit let's it all down and no bass!!

Clio 200 Cup packed
i dont think i have any tweeters (not tried to get the grills of again yet though)

IMG_1385.jpg

i dont think im getting away from a new HU as well, as it would be good to have usb and bluetooth.

be shame to lose the dash display though.

Last edited:

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I have no tweeters or wiring in mine and it is a nov 10 build with the upgraded headunit.

Listerine & Poledo
you dont have to lose your dash-top display if you change head unit.

Well, Speaking from a Mk.2 angle anyway, although I'd imagine the same would apply.

There are plenty of mid-range Alpines that do Display-out, as well as bluetooth and USB / iPhone in.

Clio 200 Cup packed
just managed to get the tweeter grills off, i have wires and DUMMY tweeters.

so im gonna a some Pioneer TS-Q131C unless somebody can talk me out of it?

i know it wont be a massive upgrade but its a start.

Clio 200 Cup packed
They've arrived and I've just attempted to fit the tweeters.

Perfect fit my arse

Put the tweeters in the grills and the bAck in the dash but can't make the damn things stay down and they certainly ain't twisting.

There appears to be a metal bar/plate preventing them I think.

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
from the guides and endless threads about this kind of thing ;)

you may need to get the dash off

Clio 200 Cup packed
certainly seems that way.

has anybody managed to do this without taking the dash of?

also, ive done plenty of searching and cant find any useful info or guides for mk3 clios.

CLIO 197 Ultra red
An old thread but...

I Had a clio 197 which I fitted some pioneer custom fit speakers to.

Just got the same speakers for my 2011 clio 200 (full fat spec) and there are no OEM tweeter - just blank tweeter mouldings with no workings.

I can't see any wires for them either - I removed the glove box and couldn't see any wire for the tweeter so did they change the harness on the 200 or where would the wires be?

can anyone confirm if/when Renault stopped fitting tweeters and the wiring required.

Thanks