ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 Clio II "Tech Run" meaning

Hey, I'm currently looking for a Clio II as my first car. So far I've looked at all the 1.2 8v, 16v and 1.4 8v and 16v. Found out a bit about what RT, RXe etc. mean, but I just found a new listing for a 12/2000 98hp 1.4 16v Clio II "Tech Run" and I have no clue (and I can't find anywhere here, nor on google) what that means. Is it a specific trim or some transfer batch of pre-facelift and post-facelift models or something completely different? The car has been (supposedly) imported from Spain if that helps. Thanks!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It sounds like just another “special edition” like our Billabong for example which was based on a dynamique with different seat covers.

Ahh, I see. This one has partly leather seats, maybe that's the special perk haha. Hard to not get lose in those "trims". Thanks!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No such thing as a Clio 2 Tech run I’m afraid. (I sold them brand new back then so the model range is engraved in my brain!)

got a link to the advert? I’ll hopefully be able to tell you what it actually is.

Oh absolutely, here it is, unfortunately it's not in English, but other than it having a new battery and winter tires there's really no other worthy info. Thanks!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
No such thing as a Clio 2 Tech run I’m afraid. (I sold them brand new back then so the model range is engraved in my brain!)

got a link to the advert? I’ll hopefully be able to tell you what it actually is.
The range was named differently on the continent from what we got in the UK. A quick Google search finds other tech run cars all with the same interior, wheels and all 1.4 16v so must have just been some special edition

No no, manufactured in Spain, listed in the Czech Republic haha. Thanks Martin! I was hoping it's something a bit more extra haha.