ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 x reg PH2

R27 CLIO
i'm looking at getting a 172 as a run around/track car

i've seen a 2000 x Reg but it looks like a ph2 light etc did they make them that early

R27 CLIO
clio.gif

here it is

Lots of Alfas
The ph2 facelifts clios didnt come out until mid 2001. If its an X reg it will be a year 2000. Is it a private plate?

Lots of Alfas
It cant be, there must be something wrong, do you know the full reg?

Put it in the dvlas website and see what car it brings up.

Clio 182
You sure id dont read something like XD52 *** or something like that lol

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
Ph1 were still running till Y reg (March 2001), thought the phase 2 came out around June 2001 so a few on Y regs but most started on a 51 plate.

It may have had a private plate which was taken off so it was given a random plate to replace the private plate, so maybe that's why its an X? But thought the random plate had to be of the same reg? Unless it just has to be the same year in which it could be X as that was still around until March 2001.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
yeah the ph1 looks crap lol the seats in a ph1 are a bluey colour with the renault sport logo in colours and the dash is all different

1.4 16v Clio
Could have been a promo car for dealership sometimes they have the cars early and therefore are registered earlier and may be a reg behind most cars.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
sure the first ones didnt appear until summer 2001 meaning a Y reg was the earliest you could get

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
looks like that's front bumper's been resprayed, is there a possibility it's a ph1 with a ph2 front end? (long shot i know!)

Doubtfull, that would mean the bonnet,headlights,bumper etc a whole multi tude of things to change.

Theres obviously just some paper work confusion here imo

Ad

MK2 FRS
Its not just the front end, it has rain senstive wipers... My guess is that isnt the right picture.

looks like that's front bumper's been resprayed, is there a possibility it's a ph1 with a ph2 front end? (long shot i know!)
aerial would be towards the front and much longer... though it is possible. the clio TT was a ph2 S reg lol then again it was a track car...evidently looks like ph2 though, dont know how anyone can be silly enough to try and look at it closely and say its a ph1 without looking at paperwork

rps13
flying past????

haha

they changed the gearing ratios in the ph2 to compensate, therefore a lightened ph2 to the weight of a ph1 would shred the ph1?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
flying past????

haha

they changed the gearing ratios in the ph2 to compensate, therefore a lightened ph2 to the weight of a ph1 would shred the ph1?
Nope. Evo ran a ph1, ph2, and a 182. The 0-60's they took, ph1 was quickest, followed by the 182, then the ph2. You won't appreciate how different they feel until you drive them back to back.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nope. Evo ran a ph1, ph2, and a 182. The 0-60's they took, ph1 was quickest, followed by the 182, then the ph2. You won't appreciate how different they feel until you drive them back to back.

Good lad, not to put to fine a point on it but, 6.6 to be exact...:evil:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sounds like a dogey motor, check the chassis no. on the corner of the dash & by drivers door seal against the V5