ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 1.4 electric sunroof leak?

Hi guys and gals,

I purchased a 1.4 16v dynamic + clio with an electric sunroof recently, and in general or light rain I didn't have a problem with hher , but the rain last night was really bad rain, and now it's leaking in the sunroof. It's leaking around the frame bit, running down to by handles and dripping into my seats. I opened and closed sunroof hoping it just hadn't sealed correctly and drovers side stopped leaking as much.

i thought it could be the drainage pipes, so I poorer water down drivers and loads poppedoput of bottom of car so not blocked but did slightly leak where it was before, and the passenger side let hardly any out of bottom and leaked inside really bad, both sides looked as if it went down the drain pipes from the top tho.

Any ideas how I can fix it? Cheers

You'll have to remove the sunroof entirely as it'll need resealing around the exterior frame.

I've done the exact thing that'll need doing, you can buy the proper sealant (adhesive backed foam) or use a weatherproof sealant (silicone). I chose the latter and its holding up fine 5 months down the line. Took pictures when I did so can help you of needed.

Leaking sunroofs are a very common problem with Clios, had it in both of mine! You can DIY as said above or if you're not brave like me I paid a bloke £145 to do it for me, seems like a lot but his work was guaranteed :)
Just my two cents worth :)

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Done it on mine! Removed and bent down front section of headlining then undo all the 10mm bolts in sight and lift roof off, I then used flexible frame sealant gave a good coating on it then pushed it back on refitted everything and by that time the excess had hardened so just scraped around with my finger nail! Everything's been perfect since!

MWright;10post31 said:
You'll have to remove the sunroof entirely as it'll need resealing around the exterior frame.

I've done the exact thing that'll need doing, you can buy the proper sealant (adhesive backed foam) or use a weatherproof sealant (silicone). I chose the latter and its holding up fine 5 months down the line. Took pictures when I did so can help you of needed.

Could you please post the photos please? Not quite sure how to remove sunroof to be honest, I'd it a easy job?

Cheers everyone

Thank you, sorry for long reply. Is that the same method for electric sunroof as that appears to be manual? Cheers

172 Ph1
You can buy the Foam seal which goes around the whole circumference of the frame . renault Wolverhampton can price it up I think £40, I would change this bit before sealing it , and the best sealer is tiger sealer apparently it's not acidic like others .

I have done it twice now and never had an issue since .

huby7u2y.jpg