ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 172 exclusive

Clio 172 2001
Just a quick question for those of you who know more than me, I have a 2001 172 Exclusive, I was told that it was a limited edition? If so how many were made? Or was the guy who sold it to me telling porkies?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Limited run of 172 of them mate, you should have a numbered sill trim. All are green and orginally come with BBS alloys and grey leather interior.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its not an exclusive then.

What shape are the headlights?

Like this?

14463f0a.jpg

or this

4FEC1C19-0688-478A-950A-EEB3C9FC3C08-3445-000003B378A24B65.jpg

Clio 172 2001
Yeah like that ai, when I typed it in for the HPI check it does say its an exclusive.. i did read that exclusives were green but I have a full service history mods history and nothing says that its been sprayed at all :S

Clio 172 2001
When i run a hpi check or enter the number plate into anything online it says its an exclusive... insurance for instance it does say its an exclusive :S weird

53 Clio's & counting
Ignore the fact it says exclusive on the logbook or search.

The Exclusive (as stated above) was a limited edition run of Scarab green ph1's, with BBS alloys, grey leather interior, CD player instead of tape, grey floor mats and numbered sill plates (though there were a few that went through the dealer network that were not numbered, and they were also sold in Europe without numbers on the sills)

It has been noted a few times that some Ph2's for some reason have exclusive on the logbook and/or on search sites - it means nothing and we assume it's a typo.

Welcome to the club by the way :)

Clio 172 2001
If you go on my profile you should be able to see it anyway, but when i go online for insurance it says 172 exclusive :S

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Ahh I see it on your profile.

The fact that its a Ph2 takes away any chance of it being an exclusive. They where only Ph1's?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Same picture three times now! Post no more.

Inform the insurance it's not an exclusive then.

It's a mk2 ph2 172, the exclusive was a mk2 ph1. So it's even the wrong body shape.

Renault Sport Clio 172 is the car you have.

PH1 Clio 172
I only bought my 172 Sport yesterday and I was asked by my insurer if it was an Exclusive as that's what they told me the reg no was coming up as but she also asked me if it was a Sport of which it is...so might not be specified on data bases