ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Clio Hazard Light Problem

2001 Renault Clio
Hi,

A problem recently appeared with my 01 Clio. The hazard lights are continually on, the only way to stop this is by jamming a toothpick (or something similar) into the button to keep it in place.

Has anyone else experienced this and let me know if its an easy fix that I can do myself or if I need to take it to a Renault garage?

Many Thanks!

This happened on my old 172 Cup, the switch will need replacing. I rang my local Renault dealer and they had one in stock, if memory serves me correctly it was around £10 or £11. It comes with a new button push which can sometimes be the wrong shape for the hole in the dash but you can just unclip it from the switch and replace it with your existing one. Its only a 5 minute job in total. I hope that helps you out :).

Clio 200T
This happened on my old 172 Cup, the switch will need replacing. I rang my local Renault dealer and they had one in stock, if memory serves me correctly it was around £10 or £11. It comes with a new button push which can sometimes be the wrong shape for the hole in the dash but you can just unclip it from the switch and replace it with your existing one. Its only a 5 minute job in total. I hope that helps you out :).
There's basically two part numbers, one for the Clio and one which is for the Laguna II mainly.

The clio one is around £30 whereas as you say the Laguna one is about £13 and you just swap over the coloured caps as the switch is the exact same underneath.