ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2001 Renault Clio 1.2

Clio 1,2
Hi all,

OK so a couple of years ago I started getting into Renault's after buying a Megane cabriolet, a few months later a Clio came up for sale not far from me so decided to get that for my other half. For the first few months it was fine and then all of the sudden started playing up. Every time the key goes in the imob light flashes and car wont turn,sometimes the engine turns about 5 revolutions and stops, sometimes the light is static and still wont turn, sometimes with a static light the car starts and sometimes it acts all normal and starts first time! now iv been around cars for a fair number of years (I am a Manta owner as well and rebuilt mine from ground up) but this has got me stumped! Had a very important meeting yesterday and it just so happened that the Clio wouldn't start at all! and yet this morning it took maybe 2 attempts and up she fired! I have been doing some reading up on the net and some of the info is very conflicting, had the RAC out and he was adamant that it wasn't the key (its had new batteries) but more like the imob on the car, I don't really want to bypass it for insurance reasons I just want to fix it without shelling out ££££ in the process of elimination! I have read about the sensor in the center roof module but mine isn't located there so don't know If I have that sensor or not (located elsewhere?)
If anyone has any ideas then it will be much appreciated as the car just sits right now going nowhere.

Thanks in advance